mtbr member
    Nov 2005

650b on my Moment

I just swapped shocks on my mtn bikes, now I have a duc32 with a 650b wheel on the front of my Moment. It rides unbelievably. The Duc 32 creates a slightly steeper head angle and the slightly larger wheel offsets it. The downhill effect is amazing, I'm probably riding way too fast now, but it just feels right.
    Uphill is just as good, possibly better, the steeper head angle helps to keep the front wheel on the ground.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Could you put a 650B on the rear?

I have a moment sst.2 and love it, but out of curiosity could you set up both wheels with 650B?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'll have to check the clearance on my rear triangle when I get home but I doubt there is room for 650b on the rear. Pretty sure that with the asym stays that the rear would be just mm's from the lower pivot and upper arch brace.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I also have a 650 on the front of my moment; sig improvement
    No way on the rear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I like 650

mtbr member
    May 2007
    What is the DUC32 set for, 26 or 29er?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Ethan modified it for me, it has more travel than a 29 setup and less than a 26 setup. It rides unbelievably good downhill, and no noticeable loss uphill. Just did a group ride up and down a 1500ft vertical single track, spent a lot of time waiting for people to catch up to me on the downhill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have a Rev2 Moment with a 2010 Lyrik Solo Air on it. Can I just put a 650b wheel/tire on there, or are there other things that need to be done? Is there any downside to doing this? I guess the bigger wheel will slacken the front a bit, which'll make it harder to climb, but that doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Will it put extra stress on the frame or something like that?

I'm curious because I've got an itch to get a new bike, but trying to come up with relatively cheap ways to keep me entertained with this bike a while longer. So far, I've come up with removing the floodgate and going tubeless, but this sounds like a cooler idea based on how much needmorealtitude like the difference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LowLow View Post
    I have a Rev2 Moment with a 2010 Lyrik Solo Air on it. Can I just put a 650b wheel/tire on there, or are there other things that need to be done? Is there any downside to doing this? I guess the bigger wheel will slacken the front a bit, which'll make it harder to climb, but that doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Will it put extra stress on the frame or something like that?

I'm curious because I've got an itch to get a new bike, but trying to come up with relatively cheap ways to keep me entertained with this bike a while longer. So far, I've come up with removing the floodgate and going tubeless, but this sounds like a cooler idea based on how much needmorealtitude like the difference.
    Have a look on the 650b thread 650b list of compatible forks. I just did a quick search and fond someone with a 2010 lyrik 170 running 650b.