mtbr member
    Feb 2006

6'3" 190lbs What size frame (Epiphany)

Tried out a 06 Large with a 120mm stem 6 degrees. Fit pretty good. Seat post was pretty well extended. Handled great. Quicker than my Blur XC. Had the Float X TT fork and Float R shock. Also the WeirWolf tires. The bike screamed. Went fast on flats and was able to climb a fairly technical single track climb I use to test on. The Blur XC was the only other bike that could do it, but couldn't get over the 10" road bump at the top. The Epi did the climb and the bumb.

The bike feels faster and quicker. I want to race the thing.

Is the Large ok for a 6" 3" guy. I liked the quick steering of the thing. It felt comfortable and handled great.

Thanks

doug

The Dude Abides
    Yeah, for a 6' 3" dude, you're going to want a large. They don't make anything larger, and you certainly don't want to be on a 17". Enjoy the ride!

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTortoise
    Tried out a 06 Large with a 120mm stem 6 degrees. Fit pretty good. Seat post was pretty well extended. Handled great. Quicker than my Blur XC. Had the Float X TT fork and Float R shock. Also the WeirWolf tires. The bike screamed. Went fast on flats and was able to climb a fairly technical single track climb I use to test on. The Blur XC was the only other bike that could do it, but couldn't get over the 10" road bump at the top. The Epi did the climb and the bumb.

The bike feels faster and quicker. I want to race the thing.

Is the Large ok for a 6" 3" guy. I liked the quick steering of the thing. It felt comfortable and handled great.

Thanks

doug

DO NOT BUY THE MEDIUM! I'm 6 foot (between 33&35 inseam) and started with the medium, it was TOO SMALL. So I eventually had to get myself a large. (I ride with 110 6deg rise & Pike).
    Hydrate or Die Trying

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    They make a XL frame according to Ellsworth site. I guess I should of asked (Large or XL)

doug

Forgiven
    I'm 6'2 with a 32 inch inseam and just ordered a Large. Demo'd both the Med and Lrg. The medium was like riding a kids bmx bike. Way to small. I prefer a XC style cockpit. I've heard the XL Epiphany is built with Moment tubing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yep the Epi is available in XL
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    You'd need a large.

I have a medium (moment) and fits like a glove (I'm 5'11 3/4, no shoes)..the large was waaaayy to big. I know we're talking about an epiphany but it's the same manufacturer.

KRZ

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks Guys. Bought the Large. Writeup is under What Bikes To Buy and Product Reviews

doug