mtbr member
    Jan 2005

From 6.5 to 26.8 in 2.5K flat

Well, After a little belly aching about my frame weighing in a little more than expected, I finally got my frame built up. I was pleasantly surprised as I added part by part it never seemed heavy right up to the cable housing. Every part I added I would give it the ole lift test and as I got closer to the end I would start calculating. Hmm, a crank will add this much, a rear derailleur will add this much. Finally I only had a chain, front derailleur and housing to go. Wow, maybe this won't turn out so badly after all.

So in the end my 6.5lb. frame with all of its ornaments came in at 26.8lbs or 26 lbs 13 oz., a full pound less than my completely stock Hi Fi Pro. I'll have to say, I was pretty happy. That's not bad considering that I could have gone with lighter brakes, bars, seat post and seat, probably some other things as well. I'm happy with the durability/comfort/stiffness to weight ratio that I have come up with and the only thing I plan on changing out are the Bontrager aluminum bars to some brand of carbon bars.

I took a very short spin around the driveway/front yard to see if everything was in tact and it seemed pretty racy and a little more XC than I had expected. This was a bit of a pleasant surprise. It also seemed as if it would be very plush, hopefully not too plush. I'll get in some woods time over the weekend to see how it really does. I'll let you know how it goes.

mtbr member

Cool

Dude-you are going to love that bike it will ride like a dream.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    A few Pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Very Nice KBell

The photos dont do the blue nebula justice-it is amazing in person. Enjoy

~~~
    Nice job, kbell!

Remember, add 3 grams if you put those water bottle cage bolts in!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger
    Nice job, kbell!

Remember, add 3 grams if you put those water bottle cage bolts in!
    Doh!, You got me!

After pics......
    Attached Images Attached Images