sock puppet

24 hrs of adrenaline at Whistler

Was there over the weekend... This place is one of the places to go once in a lifetime with your MTB. Awesome facilities and even better trails. Everyone will find the trail that fits their description...

Anyway, this is the toughest 24 hour event i have been at so far iwth my 04 Truth. Lots and lots of rocks and few short but fast rocky downhills. The bike performed flawlessly and to top it off, i had a bad spill on the longer downhill section (speeds going up to 40mph) that i thought should have had me transported to the hospital... I was extremely lucky and was able to complete that (last) lap with few cuts, bruises and torn bibs and jersey...

As far as i am concerned, this bike just passed the toughest test of durability that i could throw at it... Riding it is getting more and more exciting with time...

Cheers
    Last edited by osokolo; 09-07-2004 at 09:11 AM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    Was there over the weekend... This place is one of the places to go once in a lifetime with your MTB. Awesome facilities and even better trails. Everyone will find the trail that fits their description...

Anyway, this is the toughest 24 hour event i have been at so far iwth my 04 Truth. Lots and lots of rocks and few short but fast rocky downhills. The bike performed flawlessly and to top it off, i had a bad spill on the longer downhill section (speeds going up to 40mph) that i thought should have had me transported to the hospital... I was extremely lucky and was able to complete that (last) lap with few cuts, bruises and torn bibs and jersey...

As far as i am concerned, this bike just passes the toughest test of durability that i could throw at it... Riding it is getting more and more exciting with time...

Cheers
    Hey man, glad to hear your putting the Truth thru it's paces and its holding up, I always felt like the Truth was plenty durable except for the seat tube issue. Hopefully thats fixed and you get years of riding out of it! Good luck with your racing.

sock puppet

it seems that

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey man, glad to hear your putting the Truth thru it's paces and its holding up, I always felt like the Truth was plenty durable except for the seat tube issue. Hopefully thats fixed and you get years of riding out of it! Good luck with your racing.
    going to 2:1 instead of previously used 3:1 ration on the rocker arm and using longer stroke rear shock, was an excellent move...

by the way, 5th Element surprised me as well with it's performance... what a nice rear shock at it's weight...

mtbr member
    Ellsworth rules.
    Two of us on our four man team rode Ids. No issues or problems. Occasionally got passed on the longer up hills, but blasted by on the descents. 24 HOA was a blast.

BTW, I heard that there was a solo rider on a Dare with a Monster-T.

sock puppet

yep, i saw the guy...

Quote Originally Posted by vibiker
    Ellsworth rules.
    Two of us on our four man team rode Ids. No issues or problems. Occasionally got passed on the longer up hills, but blasted by on the descents. 24 HOA was a blast.

BTW, I heard that there was a solo rider on a Dare with a Monster-T.
    even the announcer was pointing to that fact...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

That dude is crazy

He was at the 24 HOA at Hurkey Creek Ca in April. I think he did like 15 laps that crazy bastard. Imagine what he would do on a Truth. I asked him how much his bike weighed and he said almost 45 pounds.