mtbr member
    Oct 2008

2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes

Been perusing the website and any info I can find whilst waiting for my Evolution. I note that the 10 Evolve has a short rocker, similar to the Truth. The 11 Evolve and Evolution now have longer rockers, similar to the Epiphany. Hmm... found one interview with Tony discussing a redesign of the 29er platform based on lessons learned. Wonder how that will affect ride/handling? I did ride a Glimpse last weekend shortly. I was instantly impressed with how firm the pedaling was, especially when I noted that it had a Float R, with no pro-pedal. Felt firmer than my old Trance with Push'd RP23 in PP2. Hurry December!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    First ride on a brand new 2010 Evolve and man I'd be shocked if the 2011 version rode much better. A true XC bike for sure. One of the few FS bikes I've ever been one when climbing steep stuff that there's no bob in the back end. Mine is a full XX build with Ellsworth's XC wheel build that was very impressive. A top notch XC FS bike for sure.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sounds nice. What size is it and what is the final build weight?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Medium and right now it sets at 25 pounds. Big changes coming including a lefty fork, better wheels for a goal right around 23 pounds.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had A Cdale Raven with a Lefty. It is a great fork. Felt as torsionally stiff as a Headshock fork, which is basically rigid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I put another 30 plus miles on the Evolve today and I'm beyond impressed. Climbs unbelieveable and has a fantastic front end geo, I was able to put it through really a lot of really tight single track and it just ate it up. A first class 29er.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    What s the price of the 2011 Evolve and evolution frame ? Can t find on the website.
    And why the 2011 evolve is sst2? What s the difference with the 2010 ?

thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Here's mine

A lot of fun so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes-dsc_0003-medium-.jpg  

2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes-dsc_0004-medium-.jpg  

2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes-dsc_0005-medium-.jpg  

2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes-dsc_0006-medium-.jpg  

2011 Evolve/Evolution Changes-dsc_0007-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice! How do you like the wheels?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BiknBob
    Nice! How do you like the wheels?
    So far so good. Their stiff, get up to speed quickly and appear to be very well made. They compare to my Stan Arches on my Moots. Hubs spin nice and smooth. I'm impressed with the stiffness in both the frame and the wheels. A very nice combo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Cool. Thanks for the info, enjoy the bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Differences between SST and SST.2

Quote Originally Posted by italianbike74
    What s the price of the 2011 Evolve and evolution frame ? Can t find on the website.
    And why the 2011 evolve is sst2? What s the difference with the 2010 ?

thanks
    The 2011 Evolve frame retails for $2295 and the 2011 Evolution retails for $2395. The SST.2 was a change made to the Truth Epiphany Evolve Moment and Evolution. The differences and what is new on the SST.2 is are a more pronounced S shaped downtube, a tapered steer tube form 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 and a new superformed seat tube, over 50 grams was cut off of the seat tube alone and the entire SST.2 line should feel more stiff and responsive.

IPT
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Been a while since anyone posted here but I'll bring her back online. Considering a 2011 Evolution and can't decide between that or the Evolve. Anyone ridden both? Seems to be lots of praise from the Evolve but I am not finding much about the Evolution. Anyone riding one that has impressions to share?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just saw one on chain love, but said non-sst version. I am not familiar with their models but a great price from what I can find

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Vote for Evolution

Have been riding an Evolution for the last year. Was able to demo an Evolve before my purchase. I much prefer the additional travel of the 120mm offering. The rear end is pretty firm for both and weight is real close. Climbing is fantastic. I can get up faster and also up more technical and steep pitches w the 29er. Raced it in an offload century this summer with 15 k of climbing. I'm sure there are coming a bunch of other really excellent 120-140mm travel 29ers, but so far I have been real pleased with this one