Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Moment?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

2009 Moment?

Anyone know what will be different on the next generation Moment?

VooDoo user.
    I don't know, but I'd like to speculate.

Hopefully a 1.5 HT.
    Larger Seat tube.
    More travel (6.5")
    Lower leverage ratio
    More color options
    More shock options
    Room for 650B tires.

Anything else?

Oh ya and make it cheaper.

Those who skibike, know..
    Dang Timberrr.... have you ever drawn anything? You might have a future in design...
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

VooDoo user.
    Use to be quite the artist back in the day. It would be a dream come true to design bikes.

Any insider news for us Rogue RDR?

uhhmm hummmm ((uncomfortable throat clear)). errrrr, well, um, I have no idea what you are talking about...
    Its not the brand of the wand that matters, but the skill of the magician. (Make no mistake tho, your brand does suck butt.)

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am sure that Ellsworth is going to release totally new frame.Hopefully it does not remind Nomad....

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Rider x
    uhhmm hummmm ((uncomfortable throat clear)). errrrr, well, um, I have no idea what you are talking about...

You SOOOOOOO know something!!! Hints?!?!? Can you address my list (see above)?

We'll be your best friends

Timberrr, are you in Holand? If you were in Cali for Sea Otter I would certainly be able to schedule you in for a test ride of the new Moment ...

.... did I just really write that??

VooDoo user.
    Timberrr, are you in Holand? If you were in Cali for Sea Otter I would certainly be able to schedule you in for a test ride of the new Moment ...

.... did I just really write that??
    Holand? Like Amsterdam. That would be sweet.

When is the Otter? When will the new moments be available. I know I'm asking too much. Doesn't hurt to try.

Timberrrrr, I read your profile and it listed Nederland as your home town. I thought that was the Netherlands, but then again I am pretty geographically challenged...

The Sea Otter Classic is Apr 17 - 20 in Monterey, CA. http://www.seaotterclassic.com/
    We will have a batch of the New Moments there, then all we have to do is reduce lead times so all are happy. Easy, right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    New one ? I have an 08 that am waiting for , should I hold out for a newer one ?

VooDoo user.
    Nederland colorado. West of Boulder in the mountains. Lot's of great ridin in the area.
    Drop a line if you are ever in the area. I can show you some of the stash rides. Popular ones too.

Jaydg, we have been out of stock for a while now on '07 Moments. All the backordered Moments will receive the '08 Moment. What IBD are you working with?

VooDoo user.
    RRX. Do you mean that all recently and backordered moments will be the new generation (2009)?

I KNEW you were gonna get me in trouble, Timberrr. OK, remember, the sales geeks have all the answers, not me. They leave me out of the loop all the time. A little buz about a new generation is fun, and all consumers deserve to make a well informed decision.

If you are in the market for a MTB in the Moment class [which I personally believe is one of the most versatile, efficient and sexy machines around], you may want to consider waiting and seeing what gets launched at Sea Otter. If you already have a Moment order pending [which typically involves a deposit], I would contact your IBD for an update.

Please dont flame me too soon with all the tech stuff -- I only started this MTBR thing a couple of weeks ago!
    Last edited by Rogue Rider x; 04-13-2008 at 08:36 AM.

VooDoo user.
    Sorry to put you on the spot RRX. I'll give your sales guys a ring for more info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Jaydg, we have been out of stock for a while now on '07 Moments. All the backordered Moments will receive the '08 Moment. What IBD are you working with?
    I deal with the Philippine Distributor , SABAK . Supposedly a large smoke one is on its way .

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I KNEW you were gonna get me in trouble, Timberrr. OK, remember, the sales geeks have all the answers, not me. They leave me out of the loop all the time. A little buz about a new generation is fun, and all consumers deserve to make a well informed decision.

If you are in the market for a MTB in the Moment class [which I personally belive is one of the most versatile, efficient and sexy machines around], you may want to consider waiting and seeing what gets launched at Sea Otter. If you already have a Moment order pending [which typically involves a deposit], I would contact your IBD for an update.

Please dont flame me too soon with all the tech stuff -- I only started this MTBR thing a couple of weeks ago!
    Does that mean all Moments that are out now are going to be different after the sea otter launch ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

i have an '08 on order, and the shop guys told me this was the first '08 to be shipped. dont know how that can be true, seeing that it is april, but maybe they mean the '09? i will need to verify. las vegas cyclery.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RosedaleReaper
    i have an '08 on order, and the shop guys told me this was the first '08 to be shipped. dont know how that can be true, seeing that it is april, but maybe they mean the '09? i will need to verify. las vegas cyclery.
    Hi,

I got my 08 Moment end of February.... so it is sure that yours is not the first to be shipped.... maybe 09? but it is too early for 09 release?!?
    2007 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc
    2007 Giant Anthem 3
    2007 Titus Motolite II
    2008 Ellsworth Moment

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnulud
    Hi,

I got my 08 Moment end of February.... so it is sure that yours is not the first to be shipped.... maybe 09? but it is too early for 09 release?!?

I don't know that Ellsworth is actually labeling the new model an '09. I was told it is the Generation III.

Ells does not have model years, but rather just models. The year it was manufactured is tracked for reference and warranty purposes. Some models have running versions or revisions, such as is the case with the Moment. The current Moment is "Rev 2" - a reference that is used internally.

Soooo.... "Rev 3"...... ???

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    When is the new Epiphany due??

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by meph
    When is the new Epiphany due??

I'd rathe see the Rogue get some updates. 1.5 HT to start.

Realistically though I think the EPI will get it before the Rogue. Soon after the Moment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Perhaps Ellsworth will go Faux Bar? Seems to be a superior design now suddenly???

"[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast