Thread: 2007 Moments...

mtbr member

2007 Moments...

Expected to be in the shop by Wednesday...sorry for the spam, but I know some of you have been waiting -
    I'll post photos whan they arrive; stay tuned!

- Mondo
    Sold the Id; riding the Rogue, saving for an Evolve...I ride, I know.

mondo@thepathbikeshop.com

http://www.thepathbikeshop.com

trail "cleaner"

Just picked up one of your '06's

I will soon become a fellow Ellsworthian. You guys at the Path bike shop are great! Great offer on the fork/frame deal that I couldn't pass up. I'll post some pics after I "get 'er done"
    No dabs allowed!

Love the Bike You Ride

Some photos...

Here's a few pics of the '07 Moments we have left...I would have posted some sooner, but as soon as we get them, they leave again. Check them out!

Thanks -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by The Path Bike Shop
    Here's a few pics of the '07 Moments we have left...I would have posted some sooner, but as soon as we get them, they leave again. Check them out!

Thanks -
    Please stop tempting me!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    What size is the blue one on the scale? That puts the frame at ~6.72 lbs w/o shock. That's actually about 1/4 lb heavier than the El Guapo's planned weight. My other consideration

Lurker
    Hmm...I remember hearing that the new Moments would have a blue fade to black finish. There are even pics of them about. What happened to that color?

Love the Bike You Ride
    The frame I measured is a medium...

- Mondo

Leash Law Enforcer
    Mondo,

Just curious . . . What is the most common fork people are running with this frame? According to Ells' website, they are measuring with a 495mm AC fork. Ells says this gives the bike a 69 degree HA and 44 1/4" wheelbase. I'm wondering what a 535mm AC fork would feel like on the Moment. By my calculations that would give the bike a 67 degree HA and slacker SA, but probably a fairly long wheelbase as well. Do you have a lot of customers running longer forks on the Moments? I would be interested to hear feedback from anyone with a longer fork setup. Thanks!
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

trail "cleaner"

soon......

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Mondo,

Just curious . . . What is the most common fork people are running with this frame? According to Ells' website, they are measuring with a 495mm AC fork. Ells says this gives the bike a 69 degree HA and 44 1/4" wheelbase. I'm wondering what a 535mm AC fork would feel like on the Moment. By my calculations that would give the bike a 67 degree HA and slacker SA, but probably a fairly long wheelbase as well. Do you have a lot of customers running longer forks on the Moments? I would be interested to hear feedback from anyone with a longer fork setup. Thanks!
    My new '06 Moment will be heading out on its inaugural run with a RS Lyrik U-turn Coil up front this Sunday. At 160mm ... I'm sure it'll be fairly slack but should rock on the steep descents. I plan on keeping it at 130mm for the climbs though. So.... feedback will be on Monday
    No dabs allowed!

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Mondo,

You'll find a large grouping of forks from AMs to Pikes to 32s and 36s, Lyriks and an occasional 66 ( ). The AM1 that I had was tall at 565mm at 150mm of travel. It actually felt pretty balanced at full travel. I used the ETA when I climbed and I did not really like the bike with any less travel up front. I find that the longer A to C is a better fit for this bike, angles be damned!

trail "cleaner"

moment with Lyrik

Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    My new '06 Moment will be heading out on its inaugural run with a RS Lyrik U-turn Coil up front this Sunday. At 160mm ... I'm sure it'll be fairly slack but should rock on the steep descents. I plan on keeping it at 130mm for the climbs though. So.... feedback will be on Monday
    Just finished the build. Thanks go out to the guys at The "Path" for the frame and fork. Here's a shot with the fork set at 145mm.
    Last edited by AZmtncycler; 07-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    No dabs allowed!

We're going down WHAT??

I'll agree with you Chad..

I originaly had a Fox Float RL130 on my Moment and have recently switched to a '06 nixon Platinum 145mm fork. I have not measured the axle to crown distance yet, but I did stand the two forks next to each other when off of the bike. The Nixon (yeah,I know a lot of you out there don't like the Nixon, butI really do....) was about 1 1/2" taller in A to C just by eyeballing it. Once I started riding my Moment with the longer travel, the entire bike became much more responsive. Yes, the steering while riding uphill does suffer a tiny bit, but the rest of the whole experience of riding my Moment has changed for the better. The rear shock is much more responsive (DHX 5.0 Coil). I truly feel that the 130mm forks are just not long enough to make the bike ride up to it's potential. There is my $.02
    "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

trail fairy
    New frames look sweet, looks might be deceiving but the chain looks like its got more tire clearance for 07 the down tube is tapered like the Epipanhy'sweet, Moment has proven its self as a tough bike in the 6inch class and very versatile.

I also agree with Chadd my Moment never felt right with a A2C less than 520mm, the best fit I found was the Z1, my buddy rides the moment with a 05 Z1 though now looking to extend it the Lyrik or 66SL looks the best bet everyone is pretty used to 6inches these days so go bigger.

07Am series 66 SL, Lyrik coil or solo/2 Step Lyrik coil would be nice.

Im not a fan of the DHXat, the Moment is nicer with a coil shock and fork imo.

Z1 Light or 07 Z1 aniversary series would also be nice in between option anything else below that just wastes a sweet frame my 2c from the other side
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've used a few forks on the Moment, and it just doesn't want to know until you put a 160mm fork on. Run with a Fox 36 Van and DHX Coil rear it feels amazing.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.