mtbr member
    Oct 2006

2007 Epi Rocker Arm

My rocker broke finally awhile ago.. I had heard when I bought the bike a few years ago that Ellsworth had some manufacturing issues with the rocker arms, seems mine finally caught up and did break, right where the shock pivots.. One question I have is where the top portion of the shock connects to the rocker arm with the stainless steel allen bolt, shouldn't that connection pivot as the shock compresses and expands? When I tighten mine up it totally sandwiches everything up and the top part of the shock will not pivot at all (this is before the bottom shock connection is made).. My old rocker did this and so does the new one that Ellsworth sent me as a replacement, I used the new hardware that Ellsworth sent me. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this... I'm thinking there should be some shims of some sort in there to allow the free movement of the shock joint??? Seems that if this joint is not free to move it is going to stress the rocker arm??? By the way I was really impressed on how Elllsworth treated me in this situation all replacement parts where sent to me free of charge...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 Epi Rocker Arm-007.jpg  

mtbr member
    The hat bushings (the silver ones you see between the shock and swing arms) should move inside the DU bushing in the shock itself. The newer the bushings the tighter they will be but they should move. I see Enduro now makes needle bearing kits for shocks now that look pretty slick if your concern is that it broke because of too much drag on the bushings. But if you had that much drag I think you would notice it while riding.

RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS