mtbr member

120mm fork on moment?

do you guys think that my 120 mm marzochii bomber33 rlo will work just fine for my ellsworth moment frame in terms of stance and handling?thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The fork will have a shorter static length and axle crown so will steepen the geometry and lower the bb. That will be fine for more xc orientated riding and for jumps/4x . You could match the travel front and back by fitiing a shorter eye to eye shock, that would also correct the geometry. Alternatively you could use an angleset headset to slacken the head angle and lower the BB even further. www.ofanaim.net sell them.

mtbr member
    I dub thee "Scorpion King"!
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've built up a number of short travel Moments using 120 mm forks and all performed admirably. My approach has been to use the same length shocks but with a shorter stroke. The result is a really spiffy high performance trailbike. A couple of rather high dollar builds with American Classic 350 wheelsets, Schwalbe tires, three piece carbon cranks w/ti bottom brackets, BB-7 brakes, and light stems, bars, & seatposts weighed in under 24 pounds and were unbelievably stable and a blast to ride. Good luck with yours!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    I dub thee "Scorpion King"!

LOL @ toHELLuRIDE
    Last edited by Bike Zen; 03-16-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Zen Bicycle Fabrication, Portland, Or.