Time is not a road.

120/130mm forks with Isis

Has anyone tried a fork with greater than 4" of travel on an Isis? How's the geometry? I'd like to upgrade but am reluctant about the travel length and altering the height of the front end too much. I'm thinking Sherman SPV, Marz Z1 FR SL, or Fox Vanilla...any suggestions?

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Has anyone tried a fork with greater than 4" of travel on an Isis? How's the geometry? I'd like to upgrade but am reluctant about the travel length and altering the height of the front end too much. I'm thinking Sherman SPV, Marz Z1 FR SL, or Fox Vanilla...any suggestions?
    It might ride awesome since the head angle on the Isis is normally pretty steep. You will have to get used to the new headangle and higher handle bar, but that should happen quickly.

However, Ellsworth is pretty clear on their ICT bikes about not using longer forks than spec'd due to stress. I don't know if this applies to the ISIS frame but you either need to be aware of that. If you put a 5" fork and break the frame, you might have a warranty problem (assuming you admit is was a 5" fork). If you feel uncomfortable about it, ask Ellsworth.

Time is not a road.
    Ellsworth says that 80-125mm is recommended. I e-mailed sales at Ellsworth concerning the Sherman fork and they noted that I should use it in the 110mm mode as the bike might be too tall otherwise. There was no indication of frame stress mentioned.

Mostly I was concerned with the front end wandering on steep climbs, but with the Marz, I could lock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    It might ride awesome since the head angle on the Isis is normally pretty steep. You will have to get used to the new headangle and higher handle bar, but that should happen quickly.

However, Ellsworth is pretty clear on their ICT bikes about not using longer forks than spec'd due to stress. I don't know if this applies to the ISIS frame but you either need to be aware of that. If you put a 5" fork and break the frame, you might have a warranty problem (assuming you admit is was a 5" fork). If you feel uncomfortable about it, ask Ellsworth.

Are you talking to me?

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman

Exactly what I was going to say.
    gfy