mtbr member
    Feb 2006

08 Epiphany - differences ?

Anyone know what changes Ellsworth have made to the 08 Epi ?

cheers

Forgiven

... and if we just ...

Pink instead of Green....

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    I have an '08 (via serial number) and I can't see any differences except for the RP23 (much different). The website states that there are some "secret" changes. They are so secret I can't tell what they are.

Forgiven
    If I had to guess.... and this is a guess. Wall thickness.....= increased strength on the 08.... and they won't tell us because of liability on frames already out there.... for warranty reasons... JUST GUESSING.... I like my 07 and would buy it again.
    Last edited by road dirt; 12-21-2007 at 10:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    beefed up rocker and an aluminum version if you want
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I read somewhere on internet (pure speculation), the 08 epi might have a shorter wheelbase - about .25" shorter than the 07. take it for what it's worth.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have an 08 Epi in Large and compared to my 06 Epi in Medium the seatstays are beefier. This may be just the difference in Med to Large, but the rear end is stiffer than my 06. Also, the left chainstay has a bend in it midway down to allow for crank clearance. Otherwise it looks pretty much like the 06.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    If you have some free time could you post some pictures? I am curious to see what that looks like. Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007

x_trailjunkie_x

I just bought one. Rockers have gone through four revesions since 06. Newest rockers are grey looking and have a carbon support. Fox offers a shock that sits upright.