mtbr member

'07 Moments --any changes from '06?

In particular, I read somewhere that the newer Moment frames will go on a diet. Is this true? I'm looking into a bike that will cover the AM/light FR category and complement my current XC/AM bike. Though, if the Moment is going to get lightened up, then I'm not sure what Ellsworth ITC frame will best fit my intentions. Seems that the Rogue would be too much bike for me. Will any new frames fit "between" the Moment and Rogue??
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

Time is not a road.
    There really is no true '06 or '07 model. The last model year was the '05, which most of us have. There are changes to that incarnation.

They have changed the tubing to make it lighter, but I'm not sure how much (I've heard it's not significant). They've abandoned the shot peening process in lieu of new hardening process that uses plastic beads instead of metal. They now have asymmetrical chainstays, which also reduces weight. Overall, it's probably less than a 1/2lb lighter. Not much and it won't affect the integrity or strength of the bike. Stick with the Moment.

You can now get the RP23 and Rocco air shocks in the correct size to keep the bike at 6" in the back, so this is another weight saving technique without sacraficing durability.

mtbr member
    Thanks!
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New rear ends on Moments now

When we opened up this weeks Moment shipment, they all had the new asym stays. These are still the OG front triangles. We were not expecting this, and I don't know yet what's going on. Very interesting.