~~~

06 Moment First Ride Impressions

I was going to wait until I got my new build weighed at the LBS, and then post my completed ride in the Moment build database thread. But I just can't contain my excitement! Picked up a practically new "used" 06 Moment in January, parted out my old Heckler, and just finished building up the Moment last week. Took it out today for a tuning ride, and I was just blown away! This bike has capabilities way beyond my skill level. It really shines once you pick up speed on the descents! The bumpier, the better, too. It's extremely well balanced, and is just as good in the tight singletrack. Much better than I expected.

I'm probably the lightest Moment rider around here at 135 lbs. in my birthday suit. So I'm pretty comfortable with a primarily XC build since I don't punish my equipment much. My plan is to have a second set of wheels, and maybe a second (shorter) stem, and I can really take advantage of the versatility of this bike.

I'll post the complete build in the DB thread soon. Using the bathroom scale method, this bike weighs in around 28.5 lbs. Maybe even less!

Thanks to everyone here for posting your rides and experiences. It was an invaluable resource for me!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Awesome, had mine for two years and haven't ridden anything to match it. The Turner is being ebayed
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

VooDoo user.
    28.5 #s!!!!!!!!!!? Holy SHeeT. That's awesome. Great job on the build.

~~~
    Okay, my bathroom scale suxx.

Official weight from the LBS digi scale... 29.34 lbs.