Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Forgiven
    Reputation: road dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    426

    $300 Ellsworth coupon

    I'm on the Ellsworth owners email list and received a coupon for $300 toward the purchase of an in stock Ellsworth frame or Ride. I'd be happy to send this along to someone who can use it. According to the email they are only allowing 1 per owner. PM me and we'll make it happen.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,440
    I just got my Truth 4 weeks ago...wonder if they'd give me the $300?

    SPP

  3. #3
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete
    I just got my Truth 4 weeks ago...wonder if they'd give me the $300?

    SPP

    Might be what sucks about the deal. You need to be a previous owner.

  4. #4
    Forgiven
    Reputation: road dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Might be what sucks about the deal. You need to be a previous owner.
    I guess?? But, where's the harm in signing over the coupon to an owner to be? I might even end up with another rider to hang with and an excuse for them to buy the beer!

  5. #5
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    I guess?? But, where's the harm in signing over the coupon to an owner to be? I might even end up with another rider to hang with and an excuse for them to buy the beer!
    Nothing in my mind. I'm not the decider.

    Let us know if that works out.

    Speculation in Ellsworthia is only speculation--or maybe dreaming.

  6. #6
    VooDoo user.
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,394
    DAMN!!! You get a discount coupon for $300 and I can't even get them to reply to my emails.

    What a company.

  7. #7
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    DAMN!!! You get a discount coupon for $300 and I can't even get them to reply to my emails.

    What a company.
    My discount said not to tell TIMBERRR anything or else.

  8. #8
    Forgiven
    Reputation: road dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Speculation in Ellsworthia is only speculation--or maybe dreaming.
    Classic!! That is funny!!

    Got to find someone in the market for a new bike.... I can't see why a shop and Ells wouldn't honor it.

  9. #9
    VooDoo user.
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,394
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    My discount said not to tell TIMBERRR anything or else.

    I wouldn't doubt it.


    Smilies make everrything better.

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Might be what sucks about the deal. You need to be a previous owner.
    What really sucks about this deal is if you live in Canada...I contacted Ellsworth when I received the e-mail and was told that its not really a coupon...it's really "Ellsworth Bucks".

    I have to order my frame through my dealer, Ellsworth will deduct $300.00 from the selling price.

    The MSRP for an Epiphany frame in Toronto is $2899.00 and our dollar is at par.

    Big deal, EH?

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    DAMN!!! You get a discount coupon for $300 and I can't even get them to reply to my emails.

    What a company.
    edit...
    Last edited by JM01; 12-04-2007 at 08:52 AM.

  12. #12
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,379
    I, yes me, even got the e-mail for the coupon. Yes, this Turner homer troller use to own TWO ellsworths. Seems they still recognize an appreciative owner! [SIZE="1"]appreciative of my current ride, that is....[/SIZE]

    Anyone want to buy my coupon for $100? You still get $200-off net!
    ****

  13. #13
    Forgiven
    Reputation: road dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    What really sucks about this deal is if you live in Canada...I contacted Ellsworth when I received the e-mail and was told that its not really a coupon...it's really "Ellsworth Bucks".

    I have to order my frame through my dealer, Ellsworth will deduct $300.00 from the selling price.

    The MSRP for an Epiphany frame in Toronto is $2899.00 and our dollar is at par.

    Big deal, EH?
    Why would anyone pay full MSRP for anything these days?? Are you so far north that you can't get to the States to buy the bike there?? I'm sure a third party could say....buy the frame from his LBS in the US and then ship it direct to you?? There is always a way around inflated prices. I am amazed that we continue to flame a company for blowing out inventory at a reduced priced.... Yeah, Ellsworth frames are expensive, but here's $300 bucks sitting on the table toward a new frame. Is anyone going to pick it up??

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    Why would anyone pay full MSRP for anything these days?? Are you so far north that you can't get to the States to buy the bike there?? I'm sure a third party could say....buy the frame from his LBS in the US and then ship it direct to you?? There is always a way around inflated prices. I am amazed that we continue to flame a company for blowing out inventory at a reduced priced.... Yeah, Ellsworth frames are expensive, but here's $300 bucks sitting on the table toward a new frame. Is anyone going to pick it up??
    Yep, I've been talking to Greenfish on the other side of the lake, however, shipping is a killer, plus the duties and sales taxes, and 'm not sure if the warranty will transfer to Canada. Yes, I can drive over and pick it up, but I'm still on the hook for duty and taxes...it would probably land at the same price. With the coupon, I'd pay the $2000.00 that you would pay there, and still have to pay 14% sales taxes, but that would make it an even playing field as our dollar is now at par.

    So, in Toronto, we have the only Canadian dealer within 2000 miles, I was in contact with the Canadian Ellsworth distributor who tells me it's $2899.00 here.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tinshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by road dirt
    Why would anyone pay full MSRP for anything these days?? Are you so far north that you can't get to the States to buy the bike there?? I'm sure a third party could say....buy the frame from his LBS in the US and then ship it direct to you?? There is always a way around inflated prices. I am amazed that we continue to flame a company for blowing out inventory at a reduced priced.... Yeah, Ellsworth frames are expensive, but here's $300 bucks sitting on the table toward a new frame. Is anyone going to pick it up??
    What I find funny is that even with the $300 off you're still paying more than most other frames.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bpnic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    Yep, I've been talking to Greenfish on the other side of the lake, however, shipping is a killer, plus the duties and sales taxes, and 'm not sure if the warranty will transfer to Canada. Yes, I can drive over and pick it up, but I'm still on the hook for duty and taxes...it would probably land at the same price. With the coupon, I'd pay the $2000.00 that you would pay there, and still have to pay 14% sales taxes, but that would make it an even playing field as our dollar is now at par.

    So, in Toronto, we have the only Canadian dealer within 2000 miles, I was in contact with the Canadian Ellsworth distributor who tells me it's $2899.00 here.

    Build it here in the States that weekend, hit the muddy trails, then throw it on the roof and head back home. No taxes then...

  17. #17
    Forgiven
    Reputation: road dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    What I find funny is that even with the $300 off you're still paying more than most other frames.
    Very true... I would like to see the profit margin on each frame. The Ells company strikes me as being a low volume/ high profit business plan as opposed to a high volume/low profit one. American made often comes with a price tag. Don't forget that some of those 'other' less expensive frames are making some CEO's very, very wealthy.

  18. #18
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,116
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    What really sucks about this deal is if you live in Canada...I contacted Ellsworth when I received the e-mail and was told that its not really a coupon...it's really "Ellsworth Bucks".

    I have to order my frame through my dealer, Ellsworth will deduct $300.00 from the selling price.

    The MSRP for an Epiphany frame in Toronto is $2899.00 and our dollar is at par.

    Big deal, EH?
    What sucks is the dollar is at par but your dealer adjusted...hmmmm.

    Means the economy adjusted to the dollar? Some subtle things about economics I guess. So back when the dollar was stronger, was the price a lot lower? If I go eat poutine, will it cost me more CAN dollars than 6 months ago?
    Last edited by lidarman; 12-04-2007 at 07:11 PM.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    What sucks is the dollar is at par but your dealer adjusted...hmmmm.

    Means the economy adjusted to the dollar? Some subtle things about economics I guess. So back when the dollar was stronger, was the price a lot lower? If I go eat poutine, will it cost me more CAN dollars than 6 months ago?
    Welcome to Canada...a quick compare between identical products shows that we pay much more up here. How can Sony justify selling the same TV, shipped from the same warehouse, for $1000.00 more to Canadians. Those that buy in the U.S. void their warranty.

    Plus, I get to pay an additional 14% in sales taxes (in after tax dollars)

    I bought a U.S. market Explorer last year for 40% less than Canadian list, wouldn't believe the hassle...had to add daytime running lights, Ford voided the body warranty (because of the road salt up here), Have 3000 less km's on the warranty, and still trying to get used to the speedometer with mph dominant....it took a week to transfer the truck to Ford Canada and had to go through a Canadian dealer to register it.

    And, yes, poutine will cost more in real dollars for us, 40% less for Americans compared to their buying power 5 years ago...but then poutine is the reason we need socialized health care.

  20. #20
    Silver bullet
    Reputation: djb55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    Ford voided the body warranty (because of the road salt up here),
    You gotta be kidding!!! Shame on Ford!! As if they don't use road salt in the US. Ask a New Yorker.

    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    trying to get used to the speedometer with mph dominant
    Maybe a GPS would help you with this.


    Back to the subject....I was on the edge as far as springing for an Evolve, and this just pushed me over. Thanks Ells.

  21. #21
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,287
    I didn't receive the email but I'm not signed up to receive it anyways.

    Even if I did get the chance to save 300 on the next frame purchase I think I'll be jumping ship to another manufacture.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  22. #22
    HIYAH
    Reputation: heeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    692
    It seems to me that issueing this coupon as a holiday sale to everyone would attract new ellsworth owners...which would increase sales overall, rather than just offering it to existing customers which only seem to fall into two catagories with ellsworth. Happy with the product or pissed at CS...or both.
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  23. #23
    Leash Law Enforcer
    Reputation: Pinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,099
    [speculation] This is all about moving product people. Product that may not be moving otherwise.[/speculation]

    I got the email, but I already deleted it. Is the offer really limited to just previous Ellsworth owners or are they the only people who received the email? It would make more sense for Ells to offer it to everyone. They just may not have a way of contacting potential owners other than through their own customer/previous customer list.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    [speculation] This is all about moving product people. Product that may not be moving otherwise.[/speculation]

    I got the email, but I already deleted it. Is the offer really limited to just previous Ellsworth owners or are they the only people who received the email? It would make more sense for Ells to offer it to everyone. They just may not have a way of contacting potential owners other than through their own customer/previous customer list.
    I got a similar deal (i.e., $300 off the frame) on an Ellsworth Moment I bought from my LBS 3 months ago...and I'm a first time owner.

  25. #25
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I, yes me, even got the e-mail for the coupon. Yes, this Turner homer troller use to own TWO ellsworths. Seems they still recognize an appreciative owner! [SIZE=1]appreciative of my current ride, that is....[/SIZE]

    Anyone want to buy my coupon for $100? You still get $200-off net!
    Dang - I didn't get mine and I had 2 Ellsworths also.
    Nothing to see here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •