mtbr member
    Jun 2009

WTB, LF New cross Country MTB

Been browsing through this forum on and off and got a job and can afford this hobby again.

Looking for an entry level cross country bike, something like a specialized rockhopper comp disc.

Looking for a 15" frame?? (i'm about 5'8)

looking to spend in the 500 - 800 range.

having trouble lookign aroudn in kijiji cause I just don't know what is good anymore.

I have a Kona Scrap if anyone is intrested in trades. In the toronto area.

Thanks!

xx = xtr²
    I'm 6 foot and i ride a 21" frame......15" seems a bit small for you, make sure someone competent determine the right size for you.

Here in Québec, a good bike for your price range would be a Devinci Cameleon, maybe some Rocky mountain, the best way to find out is to go to shops and ask for advices.A bike in that range should come with sram X.5 derailleurs or the equivalent in shimano wich i don't know because I only use Sram, maybe SLX or something. Both are excellent if setup correctly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Give John @ the Bike Zone in Barrie a call. He can get you hooked up! Great deals all the time, fantastic service. They had a demo at Albion hills not to long ago. There are some great deals that you don't hear of cause not everyone has the $ that Specialized has.