Muskoka

World Cup XC coverage on the web...

is available thru CyclingTV. Lots of European venues with some great scenery. Loved this race from Offenberg,Germany, a fascinating course and a great spectator's venue. Also the wet & muddy girls were fun, with Canada finishing a solid 2nd behind Russia. Link here...I just corrected the link - had Mont St Anne linked by mistake
    http://www.cycling.tv/events-and-med...view/000077852
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 11-26-2007 at 06:28 PM.

bi-winning
    thanks for posting that. it's cool to watch the pros go at it.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    That was awesome!

ups and downs
    If anyone gets the Fox Canada sports channel (which seems to be 24/7 soccer coverage), they run a show a few times a week called Sports Unlimited which runs the same World Cup hilights as Cycling TV has. They just had the TransGermany coverage with a brief interview with Alison Sydor who won the mixed class with her riding partner Carsten Bresser.

The finish of the final Maribor WC race was pretty wild, it looked like Irina had just enough energy to keep the bike moving forward to finish 3rd after Marie-Helene passed her on the last lap for 2nd. I have to say that it always looks like there's more sportsmanship displayed by the Elite women than the men. At the finish line the usual top gals always look like they were just on a social ride where they raced each other back to the trailhead before going for beers. They look like they were out having a blast, there's always big smiles.

maribor finish1.jpg

07maribor12.jpg

The Chinese gal that won Maribor barely looked winded after coming from near the back to win and both Marie-Helene and Irina looked like they were wiped out. Wonder what sorts of TCM herbs allow that sort of performance and how long before WADA tests for it.

The St.Felicien race was great as well

http://www.cycling.tv/events-and-med...view/000084955
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 11-26-2007 at 08:20 AM.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    thanks for posting that. it's cool to watch the pros go at it.
    Yes, I find it very humbling LOL..

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    The Chinese gal that won Maribor barely looked winded after coming from near the back to win and both Marie-Helene and Irina looked like they were wiped out. Wonder what sorts of TCM herbs allow that sort of performance and how long before WADA tests for it.
    yes rocky, I remember that... looked like it was a walk in the park for her... with barely a sweat! hmm... what's her secret?

that's ok... Marie gave it her all... she is still my hero!
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Muskoka

link corrected...

.. i think yesterday I posted the link to Mont St Anne race instead of the very interesting German race set in Offenberg. Its corrected now ...at the top of the thread

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill

That Chinese gal almost lapped me at the Canada Cup last summer.

poor bloke in front of her got lapped. sucka!

Muskoka
    Canadian World Cup from St. Felicien, Qc

Singlespeed Mysty

supaSTAR?

Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    That Chinese gal almost lapped me at the Canada Cup last summer.

poor bloke in front of her got lapped. sucka!
    wow supa... didn't know you was a supastar...

is that you in front of her? I didn't know you raced Canada Cup...kewl...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    wow supa... didn't know you was a supastar...

is that you in front of her? I didn't know you raced Canada Cup...kewl...
    oh no.. far from supa star.

They start the senior expert men the same time as the senior elite men and women. This way, the senior expert men who thought that they proved themselves already, get humiliated and served humble pie.

That guy in front is just some random who ruined an olympic caliber shot that my friend was taking. Im somewhere ahead of him covered in dirt due to my inept technical skills.

Muskoka

Mtbike World Cup - Oisans, France

this is pretty cool. I have been watching 1 or 2 of the 2007 World Cup races each evening. Didn't realize Nissan was a big sponsor!
    http://www.cycling.tv/events-and-med...view/000084958

Student
    Awesome.
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    oh no.. far from supa star.

They start the senior expert men the same time as the senior elite men and women. This way, the senior expert men who thought that they proved themselves already, get humiliated and served humble pie.

That guy in front is just some random who ruined an olympic caliber shot that my friend was taking. Im somewhere ahead of him covered in dirt due to my inept technical skills.
    that is a junior expert rider just so you get it right the next time there bud (look at the number plate... they give a certain series to a certain category )... and maybe if you quite chirpin everyone you could maybe improve your inept technical riding skills and not fall off your bike in an extremely easy section of trail! learn to ride a bike before you start ripin other riders apart and pretending that you are the king of everything on a bike!!

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234
    that is a junior expert rider just so you get it right the next time there bud (look at the number plate... they give a certain series to a certain category )... and maybe if you quite chirpin everyone you could maybe improve your inept technical riding skills and not fall off your bike in an extremely easy section of trail! learn to ride a bike before you start ripin other riders apart and pretending that you are the king of everything on a bike!!
    I guess you didnt catch through the entire post that I was in fact making fun of myself.

But for what it's worth, I guess that must be you in the shot, and I admit that my comment may have come across as a bit callous. sorry. friends?

Welcome to the forum.