Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 94
  1. #1
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    760

    Winter WOW Enduro - November 18, 2007 at Mansfield

    I know November 18th still a month away, but who is planning on taking part this year?

    http://www.wowmtb.com/WinterWOW07.html

    Last year's event was a blast, the weather was just above freezing with a pretty dusting of snow in the woods. With the summer season having come to a screeching halt, this event will give me some focus for the balance of October and the start of November...

    register early...free souvenir toque!!!
    Jouko

  2. #2
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... wow... free toque... I'm there...

    mmm... maybe...

    I was thinking about this ... I have no problems riding on snow or in the cold ...

    Joooouky... what kind of course is this? lots of climbing? singletrack? etc...

    I was thinking it might be good to ride the SS ... as last winter I had a blast riding my SS at Albion...

    how is this comparible?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,637
    What's a serious racer versus a not so serious racer? (See the registration form).

    Would that be the an elite/expert and sport/beginner line?

    Not that it matters, I have no clue where I would rank in an OCUP category anyway..

  4. #4
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I'm planning on being there again this year. It's a great way to spend a cool afternoon in November.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  5. #5
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    not so serious trying to be more serious...

    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor
    What's a serious racer versus a not so serious racer? (See the registration form).

    Would that be the an elite/expert and sport/beginner line?

    Not that it matters, I have no clue where I would rank in an OCUP category anyway..
    yeah that about sums it up for me... but I think that is shouldn't matter... get out there and have fun ... just don't forget the toasties...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  6. #6
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I'm planning on being there again this year. It's a great way to spend a cool afternoon in November.
    hey cookie monster... what can a first-timer expect?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  7. #7
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    some bleeding and lot of pain...

    but you are not a first-timer, are you?


    Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    hey cookie monster... what can a first-timer expect?

  8. #8
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    Wink like you didn't know...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    but you are not a first-timer, are you?
    don't you remember that day in walkers woods Ooogles?

    surely you haven't forgot ... I don't remember you banging your head ... I just remember being flat on my back ...

    mansfield virgin girl over here ... I've never been riding there, so I don't know what to expect... other than to put hot pockets in my shorts ... unless you plan to keep me warm?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    637
    If the weather is nice, meaning no freezing rain, I may make it out to ride. Maybe.

    1mystk:
    If the course is anything like the Pine River Ramble race I did there a few years ago, then you can expect some big, long, glorious climbs. Don't remember any scary technical sections. Well, maybe glorious is a bit of an stretch.
    A good time for sure!
    Last edited by racergurl; 10-18-2007 at 09:06 AM.

  10. #10
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    "big, long, glorious climbs"??

    at mansfield???

    climbs with that description can not be found in Ontario, sorry...

    glorious climbs - we had one at this year's Transrockies... the worst day in the history of the race - day 6... second climb... after racing 80km and climbing 1400m already... around 850m vertical over 10kms... in 35+ degrees with no shade to hide... peaking at over 2000 meters, just about enough oxygen in the air to remain undead at the top...

    now, that was a glorious climb... i dont remember the scenery...

    noggs is still recovering from that one...


    Quote Originally Posted by racergurl
    If the weather is nice, meaning no freezing rain, I may make it out to ride. Maybe.

    1mystk:
    If the course is anything like the Pine River Ramble race I did there a few years ago, then you can expect some big, long, glorious climbs. Don't remember any scary technical sections.
    A good time for sure!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    637

    Don't rub it in man,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    at mansfield???

    climbs with that description can not be found in Ontario, sorry...

    glorious climbs - we had one at this year's Transrockies... the worst day in the history of the race - day 6... second climb... after racing 80km and climbing 1400m already... around 850m vertical over 10kms... in 35+ degrees with no shade to hide... peaking at over 2000 meters, just about enough oxygen in the air to remain undead at the top...

    now, that was a glorious climb... i dont remember the scenery...

    noggs is still recovering from that one...
    All you Trans Rockies riders must be in climb withdrawal coming back here to Ontario.

  12. #12
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    aint that true...

    before i went to TR i hated hills due to my ~ 220lb riding weight...

    after all the training, and half way through the TR - i started to enjoy climbing, in some weird masochistic way...

    around here i can only crave "kelso climbs" - the fire road, mind numbing consecutive climbs, that we did in preparation for the TR race...


    Quote Originally Posted by racergurl
    All you Trans Rockies riders must be in climb withdrawal coming back here to Ontario.

  13. #13
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... ehhhffffffffff the scenery

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    now, that was a glorious climb... i dont remember the scenery...

    noggs is still recovering from that one...
    hey maybe on a day when I gots hours to spare to take in the scenery...I've noticed as of towards the middle of the season, I didn't even pay attention to the scenery when I started really learning the trails ... just what is up ahead, and down below and who was coming ahead in the wrong direction to avoid a glorious crash...

    and the only thing glorious I have to report was that spectacular crash I took in walkers woods when I became one with the trail... the only scenery I was checking out was the sky and the clouds...

    so ... get to the point Oggie babe... is there grueling climbs at Mansfield or not? should I start doing kelso climbs too? ... it may just help... just don't have granny to back me up is'all...

    speaking of Noggy noodles ... where is that boy... I wonder if his ankles are still swollen from TR?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  14. #14
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    don't tell too many people...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i started to enjoy climbing, in some weird masochistic way...
    that you and granny hang out together...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  15. #15
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    760
    The only long climb I remember from last year's winter wow was a long sandy, rutted climb that everyone seemed to walk up. It's been a year, I can't remember much from that long ago...
    Jouko

  16. #16
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    noggs is MIA...

    that video interview at the interbike made him an instant celebrity...

    might he be in hollywood????


    Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    hey maybe on a day when I gots hours to spare to take in the scenery...I've noticed as of towards the middle of the season, I didn't even pay attention to the scenery when I started really learning the trails ... just what is up ahead, and down below and who was coming ahead in the wrong direction to avoid a glorious crash...

    and the only thing glorious I have to report was that spectacular crash I took in walkers woods when I became one with the trail... the only scenery I was checking out was the sky and the clouds...

    so ... get to the point Oggie babe... is there grueling climbs at Mansfield or not? should I start doing kelso climbs too? ... it may just help... just don't have granny to back me up is'all...

    speaking of Noggy noodles ... where is that boy... I wonder if his ankles are still swollen from TR?

  17. #17
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    so then his head is swollen...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    that video interview at the interbike made him an instant celebrity...

    might he be in hollywood????

    my bad... I guess his ankles are not swollen anymore...

    I am quite surprised that Noggy noodles did that interview... he is usually such a humble, shy, quiet guy... awwwwwwwww... *pinch cheeks*
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  18. #18
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    Wink TAPsa, TAPsa... anyone home?

    Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    The only long climb I remember from last year's winter wow was a long sandy, rutted climb that everyone seemed to walk up. It's been a year, I can't remember much from that long ago...
    wow a hole year ... has old age set in darlin' ...

    test: quick tell me what colour jocks you are wearing? and no peeking!
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  19. #19
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    760
    They've got to be white to match the farmer tan!!


    Quote Originally Posted by 1mystk
    wow a hole year ... has old age set in darlin' ...

    test: quick tell me what colour jocks you are wearing? and no peeking!
    Jouko

  20. #20
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    bahahahaha...

    Quote Originally Posted by tapsa
    They've got to be white to match the farmer tan!!
    I can't believe you just admitted to tighty whities...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  21. #21
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    760
    Wow!! I don't have anything with such fancy elastics...with those colour themes those look like the French (or Dutch) and Swedish national team tighty whities.
    Jouko

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    Count me in (unless something goes very wrong).

    I am glad to see that this race is being organized again this year. It gives me a bit of motivation to stay in some kind of riding shape.

    1mystk, it is not a very technical course. Well suited for everyone, including singlespeed riders. Last year they had a singlespeed category too.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  23. #23
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    1mystk, it is not a very technical course. Well suited for everyone, including singlespeed riders. Last year they had a singlespeed category too.
    well, I just wanted to know if there was lots of climbing involved to decide which bike if I do this race... I have a 1x9 set up on my other misfit...

    is there a variety of singletrack and climbs and downhills? just curious as to what to expect... I went to the photo gallery on the site, but I couldn't tell... I just know to bundle up in layers just in case...

    Mysty
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    Well let me elaborate based on what I remember from last year. I used my SS in 32:20, since I did not know what to expect.

    The longest rideable climb was near the beginning of the race. Perhaps 1-2 minutes of sustained grinding. After that all climbs are like in O-Cups, quick and doable, with the odd hard climb that one may have to walk. Then there was one long downhill full of leaves. Nothing overly technical except for the fact that you could not know what was beneath your tires. I played it safe and did not go too fast there. Soon after, came that long climb Tapsa mentioned. I doubt anyone could avoid walking that climb. Towards the end there was some tough climbing again, but not very long.

    I don't remember anything scary technical in the course. I would say that the Hardwood Epic 8 course is a good example of the technical level you can expect at the WOW.

    What I do remember is that I was spinning out way too much in 32:20. I certainly won't use 32:20 if I use the SS. I would probably go for 32:17 this time. But I am considering doing the WOW on my geared FS bike. There were a lot of open "big ring" sections where the geared bike would fly.

    Hopefully this helps. My suggestion for you is to go for a geared bike in this race. If the course is like last year (and the website says it is the same course), you might be out there for 3 or more hours. Mind you, I am making some assumptions about your fitness and if I am wrong, I apologize right now. But if nothing else, gears will really help you fly in the fast sections.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    Well let me elaborate based on what I remember from last year.

    SNIP

    But if nothing else, gears will really help you fly in the fast sections.
    This was my first 40km off road, and an enjoyable 3+ hour learning experience for me. I went for the tour to see if I could actually do it and was plesantly surprised. It was also nice to see the trails of Mansfield, since it closed to regular riding before I got back onto bikes.

    Stosh
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

  26. #26
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    are you serious?

    you are not going to do it on your SS?

    getting soft or just studying too much?

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    Well let me elaborate based on what I remember from last year. I used my SS in 32:20, since I did not know what to expect.

    The longest rideable climb was near the beginning of the race. Perhaps 1-2 minutes of sustained grinding. After that all climbs are like in O-Cups, quick and doable, with the odd hard climb that one may have to walk. Then there was one long downhill full of leaves. Nothing overly technical except for the fact that you could not know what was beneath your tires. I played it safe and did not go too fast there. Soon after, came that long climb Tapsa mentioned. I doubt anyone could avoid walking that climb. Towards the end there was some tough climbing again, but not very long.

    I don't remember anything scary technical in the course. I would say that the Hardwood Epic 8 course is a good example of the technical level you can expect at the WOW.

    What I do remember is that I was spinning out way too much in 32:20. I certainly won't use 32:20 if I use the SS. I would probably go for 32:17 this time. But I am considering doing the WOW on my geared FS bike. There were a lot of open "big ring" sections where the geared bike would fly.

    Hopefully this helps. My suggestion for you is to go for a geared bike in this race. If the course is like last year (and the website says it is the same course), you might be out there for 3 or more hours. Mind you, I am making some assumptions about your fitness and if I am wrong, I apologize right now. But if nothing else, gears will really help you fly in the fast sections.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    osokolo: getting soft ...?

    Well, I am getting soft, old, weak and wuss-like, but don't tell anyone else. My image will suffer. Of course, this kind of talk goes a long way to convince me to bring my rigid SS contraption and just suck it up.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  28. #28
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,882
    This race looks like fun. Anyone want to drive a fellow rider from Guelph and back?

  29. #29
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... only if you were closer....

    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    This race looks like fun. Anyone want to drive a fellow rider from Guelph and back?

    sorry SUPER... I'd help you out if I lived down that ways... WOW that is far... <no pun intended...>
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  30. #30
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... if he's getting soft, I must be hard...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    you are not going to do it on your SS?

    getting soft or just studying too much?

    gee... and here I was thinking of doing this one SS...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  31. #31
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    too late...the cat's outta the bag gramps...

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    osokolo: getting soft ...?

    Well, I am getting soft, old, weak and wuss-like, but don't tell anyone else. My image will suffer. Of course, this kind of talk goes a long way to convince me to bring my rigid SS contraption and just suck it up.

    getting too old... for shame! serioulsy ... serious... suck it up...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    The geared FS bike is looking worse by the minute (to my ego).
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  33. #33
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    Wink poor baby... alright, alright... I'll cut you a break...

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    The geared FS bike is looking worse by the minute (to my ego).

    I won't frown upon you ... if I do this race, I will most likely do it on my 1 x 9 setup... although - my SS is 32:20 and that makes for some really nice riding at Allbion... just obviously never been to Mansfield before ...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  34. #34
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I'll be doing it 32:20 on my 29er, just like last year. There were only 2 climbs I couldn't clear last year that way. I'm all Ontario-soft now after nearly a month off my bike.

    The last thing I had any TR-power left for was that Valley-to-Village slog. It sucks to be mortal again.

    Good times...
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  35. #35
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    hehehe....

    it sucks to be a sucker again, you got that right... same here..


    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I'll be doing it 32:20 on my 29er, just like last year. There were only 2 climbs I couldn't clear last year that way. I'm all Ontario-soft now after nearly a month off my bike.

    The last thing I had any TR-power left for was that Valley-to-Village slog. It sucks to be mortal again.

    Good times...

  36. #36
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    i just got back from the pairoknees and some super intense pirate training.

    arrgghh, i will be winning this years elite special i was on tv at interbike category on my singlespeed with some massive undeclared riot ratio. there may be sparklers.

    who sent this thread down the path of destruction with inane chatter about that stupid farging trans hillies race? seriously guys get over you fat selves...it was sooooo last summer.

    oggie i heard you are so fat that chico added a digit to your ocup # so it wouldnt get lost on your curtain, i mean jersey...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  37. #37
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I'll be doing it 32:20 on my 29er, just like last year. There were only 2 climbs I couldn't clear last year that way. I'm all Ontario-soft now after nearly a month off my bike.

    The last thing I had any TR-power left for was that Valley-to-Village slog. It sucks to be mortal again.

    Good times...
    a month off bike... eeghads... it just sucks for that reason Cookie Monster...

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    it sucks to be a sucker again, you got that right... same here..
    now Oooggles, how is he a sucker?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  38. #38
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... WOW... time to duck for cover...

    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    oggie i heard you are so fat that chico added a digit to your ocup # so it wouldnt get lost on your curtain, i mean jersey...
    covers indeed... last time I remember Noggy, you and Ooogles weighed roughly the same ...

    but who am I to say... I only amount to one of your thighs in comparison ... if we don't include my fat a$$
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  39. #39
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    oggie i heard you are so fat that chico added a digit to your ocup # so it wouldnt get lost on your curtain, i mean jersey...
    oh burn!


    i miss this stuff.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,033
    Just signed up for the singlespeed category. Looking forward to the race. Since everyone seemes to be making the gearing easier I may take this advice and run 32:18 on my small wheels.

  41. #41
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    we are collectively

    impressed with your command of english language mr. suppa...

    back to regular programming now....


    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    oh burn!


    i miss this stuff.

  42. #42
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047

    you are dead meat boy...

    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    Just signed up for the singlespeed category. Looking forward to the race. Since everyone seemes to be making the gearing easier I may take this advice and run 32:18 on my small wheels.
    i hope you dont put rigid fork up front...

    well, if noggs shows up, at least you wont be dead last... i hear that everyone will be using 32-22 at least, and they are trying to sucker you into 32:18 so that they can laugh at you...

    personally, i think that 33:19 is the perfect ratio, given that there will be lots of fallen leaves on the ground and trail will not be easily visible...

  43. #43
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    impressed with your command of english language mr. suppa...

    back to regular programming now....
    ya, you just saw that he used the word STUFF and you thought that he was talking about oreos...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  44. #44
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    question about timing?

    how long does this race last... meaning....

    how long does one have to finish the race?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,033
    Awards start at 2pm, so probably just under 4 hours to complete the 40km.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    Mysty,

    I don't think there is a time limit. I am quite sure we have a good 4-5 hours before they come to get us out.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  47. #47
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... bring in the cavalry then...

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    Mysty,

    I don't think there is a time limit. I am quite sure we have a good 4-5 hours before they come to get us out.
    I am still wondering if I would be able to do this!? am I nutts??

    it's for fun... fuggit... see you there... I'll register race day... you can all peel me off the roots and leaves when you are all done...

    I'm nutts... I am...

    what tires should I wear? I only have choice of Exi's... should be good no? on my 29er?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    Don't worry Mysty, we won't let you spend the winter in there. Exi's should be fine on Mansfield terrain. That is what I had last year, in fact.

    Unless disaster strikes me, I plan to be there and register on race day. I finally decided to go SS like last year.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

  49. #49
    Singlespeed Mysty
    Reputation: 1mystk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646

    ... and if we just ... oh gosh golly thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    Don't worry Mysty, we won't let you spend the winter in there. Exi's should be fine on Mansfield terrain. That is what I had last year, in fact.

    Unless disaster strikes me, I plan to be there and register on race day. I finally decided to go SS like last year.
    now I don't feel so alone... well for now anyways... as I may be the only one around after I get smoked by yooouz fast dudes...

    just remember to come and say hi if you see me ... I'll be wearing a red rose on my jersey ... joking... I will most likely be bundled up at first and have to rip layers off as I tend to get warm pretty quick...

    should be interesting? why am I doing this again?????
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

    diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    1mystk: ...I'll be wearing a red rose on my jersey ...

    Heh, heh that was funny.

    And I promise to pay attention to my surroundings and say hi to you. If I see somebody ripping clothes off ... I will definitely say hi.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •