Misfit Psycles

Winter Challenge FEBRUARY 9 2008

Hello.

Did this race last year. Loved it, then hated it, then loved it again...I am really looking forward to being better prepared (mentally) for this years installment.

You should come.
    ULTIMATE XC - WINTER CHALLENGE

The orchestrator is a nutter, yes he is so dont run to his defense. This race is brilliantly stupid...seriously. Now never fear if 30 miles isnt your thing there is a 10 mile option.
    From a support standpoint, I am not sure how he does it all for 100$. The rest stations were packed with yummy foods, heat and fluids - each one courtesy of local volunteers - and there were plenty of them! The post ride lunch and prizes surpassed my expectations.

All told, organization was stellar and the addition of a friday night crit is exactly what the out-of-towners requested.

NOTES:
    The is no bus option as has been suggested here and on the Chico site, coordinating 30 riders AND bikes was becoming astronomically expensive and more important to me, a full time gig, so let this thread serve as a place for confirmed riders and wanna-be riders (looking to shave costs) to post and discuss options for pooling in their planes trains and automobiles...

and of course shared accommodation's if you so choose...no ricksom those arent pillows...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Looking for Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    and of course shared accommodation's if you so choose...no ricksom those arent pillows...
    I think I will pass on sleeping with very friendly strangers.......

Already got 2 races this winter. Good luck to you anyway! Are you bringing your new snow bike??
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Space for rent...
    Regrettably, I will have to pass also. I will be conquering the Andes in 30C+ temperatures. Tough gig, but someone has to do it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Dam Steve............pack me up with your stuff!!!
    That shot just made my jaw drop bro!!
    BURN IT UP >>>>>>>>PEDALOCTANE>>>>>>>

Single speed

Wow! I like the prize for comin 1st.

What are you gonna do if you win it? there Nogearshere!

Sell raffle tickets?
    I am sure if you sold tickets for $10 a piece you'd make some good coin to help off set the cost of your trip to SSWC. That is if you are in-> (did you get the confirmation email?)

And what gear ratio are you gonna use for this race?
    Do ya really need electric socks?

When do ya plan on letting the cat out of the bag for the America's SS championship.
    That looks like the race to train for.
    Winner gets a complete diSSent.

Any body else from around here comfirmed for attendance at the winter challenge yet?
    Stay over after the race too? Or drive the 8 hours post race?
    Sorry for the many ???
    But enquiring minds wanna know.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by McGyver29er
    What are you gonna do if you win it?
    dont you worry sweety, winning is not a concern for me in this race. our very own garage monster was the first star last year. crushed me by well over an hour...closing the gap would be nice...or at least not having a mental meltdown and mid course tantrum!
    I am sure if you sold tickets for $10 a piece you'd make some good coin to help off set the cost of your trip to SSWC. That is if you are in-> (did you get the confirmation email?)
    the prizes at this thing were top notch, even the swag for entering was better then most. yes, i will be in napa...
    And what gear ratio are you gonna use for this race?
    Do ya really need electric socks?
    last year i ran 32:20...time will tell, softer the snow higher the cog...as for the electric socks. it was flipping cold last year, crazy cold. i dressed more like i was (alpine) skiing then cycling - had i not walked soooo much towards the end all would have been good, instead i overheated.
    When do ya plan on letting the cat out of the bag for the America's SS championship.
    That looks like the race to train for.
    Winner gets a complete diSSent.
    oh its out there...should be a good weekend, even if it is like the week before crank the credit card...
    Any body else from around here comfirmed for attendance at the winter challenge yet?
    Stay over after the race too? Or drive the 8 hours post race?
    last year we stayed friday and saturday night...the rates were reasonable and the nightlife seemed promising...except there were no less then 4 bobbing heads at the dinner table so not much damage was done...so i suggest staying if you dont have a well rested driver.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Registration will close on February 1st

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Friday Night Criterium

Set up the course today on the ice. If the conditons remain the same STUDS will be a VERY GOOD idea for Friday night. The ice now is like a mirror. The course that I set is .50 of a mile with great turns. I actually wiped out twice without any studs but will be an amazing course if you use the right tire.

The course will consist of 20 lap or a 10 mile course. The cyclo cross wiht studs will probabaly do the course between 15 to 20 minutes and the gear bike in 40 minutes and the Single Speeder in 50 to 60 minutes.

The course can be best describe as MAGIC. The light from the houses all around the Newport Bay makes the experience amazing. We will have some light on the course but it is a good idea to either bring your own light or a head lamp.

Dont forget to visit the blog on the site for last minute update

Dan
    www.ultimatexc.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Trek Team factory pro racer Lea Davison has confirmed that she will be back to defend her title on the 10 miler.

It is going to be interesting to see how many boys will be able to keep up

Dan
    www.ultimatexc.com