nimble biker

where can I go for night ride in southern Ontario?

where can I go for night ride in southern Ontario?

Albion hills , Kelso, Durham forest, Hardwood hills ?

mtbr member
    Defiantly not Hardwood, unsure if Kelso, Durham or Albion have policies against (but I know people do night ride there). Other that that, some Ideas would be Hydrocut, Mansfield Agreement Forest, Guelph Lake and more, just depends on where you live.

nimble biker
    Quote Originally Posted by rocks'r'friends
    Defiantly not Hardwood, unsure if Kelso, Durham or Albion have policies against (but I know people do night ride there). Other that that, some Ideas would be Hydrocut, Mansfield Agreement Forest, Guelph Lake and more, just depends on where you live.
    is Mansfield the same as Mansfield agreement forest? I am in Toronto. Hydrocut line is way too slippery in day time. I don't want to fall of the cliff at night.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Night riding is a no go @ Glen Major & Walker Woods.

I've night ridden @ Long Sault (north of Bowmanville). No signs prohibiting night riding @ the parking lot.

Since the night riding ban on the TRCA lands, I've read that night riding is still permitted in Durham Forest, but I really can't find much info on DF. The Region of Durham's website (DF's owner) isn't much help.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Sir Hurt Locker
    The Agreement Forest is a popular night riding spot
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    is Mansfield the same as Mansfield agreement forest? I am in Toronto. Hydrocut line is way too slippery in day time. I don't want to fall of the cliff at night.
    Mansfield agreement forest is actually a couple kilometers North of Mansfield Outdoor Centre, just keep heading up Airport Rd and there is a parking lot on your right. It is not part of the Outdoor Centre (which is closed to riding).

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There are many places to ride for free.
    8th line past hardwood, springwater although the loggers are in there it is just the beginning of the trail that is disturbed but rideable, snowvalley.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    Night riding is a no go @ Glen Major & Walker Woods.

I've night ridden @ Long Sault (north of Bowmanville). No signs prohibiting night riding @ the parking lot.

Since the night riding ban on the TRCA lands, I've read that night riding is still permitted in Durham Forest, but I really can't find much info on DF. The Region of Durham's website (DF's owner) isn't much help.
    Night riding is allowed at Durham. Just don't give in to temptation and cross the road into Walker's Woods.

IMBA-GORBA Bike Patrol
    Seeing your from TO why not ride the Don. Anywhere they change to use will not allow ppl in after dark. You can just go ride and take your chances.
    The agreement forest at Hilton is open 24-7 if you are able to ride rocks and know your way around.
    How far are you willing to drive for a night ride?
    Not sure where you mean by the Hydrocut Line but the Hydro Cut in Waterloo in not slippery other then when it's wet.
    ENJOY LIFE RIDE A BIKE
    Blur XC black
    Chameleon gray
    Nomad Black
    V10 black
    True North 853

nimble biker
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCoach2
    Night riding is allowed at Durham. Just don't give in to temptation and cross the road into Walker's Woods.

how do I distinguish the border between walker woods and Durham forest? Is there a marker sign ?

nimble biker
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMTBER
    Seeing your from TO why not ride the Don. Anywhere they change to use will not allow ppl in after dark. You can just go ride and take your chances.
    The agreement forest at Hilton is open 24-7 if you are able to ride rocks and know your way around.
    How far are you willing to drive for a night ride?
    Not sure where you mean by the Hydrocut Line but the Hydro Cut in Waterloo in not slippery other then whent's wet.
    Toronto Don trail has a hydrocut line. It is dam slippery

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    how do I distinguish the border between walker woods and Durham forest? Is there a marker sign ?
    If you start riding in Durham Forest, then cross the road west of the microwave towers, you're in Walker Woods. Stay east of the road & you'll be OK.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    May 2006

Durham Forest is totally on the east side of the 7th Concession, while Walker Woods/ Glen Major is entirely on the west side of the road. As long as you don't cross the road you will stay in Durham Forest.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Thanks Mike, I wasn't sure of the name/number of the road.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

icy
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The Ganaraska Forest is a great spot for night riding as long as you know your way around.

Out there
    Aug 2006
    3-Stage and Kolapore are both AWESOME at night.

Let me know if you go and I'll bring some company.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If you decide to try Durham at night let me know when, I'd be glad to join you. Night riding is a blast and I haven't been out at night since last fall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm also interested in some night rides in Durham or East of Oshawa. I work midnights but off a few days through the week .