Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Looking for Adventure
    Reputation: Ricksom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,023

    New question here. Where can I get Pedros Extra Dry lube ?

    Apparently, Pedros has discontinued this great lube, which got me hooked several years ago after trying way too many lubes.

    I'm looking to buy a whole crate of this stuff if it still exists in Canada, or U.S.?

    Sorry for the lame post, but I just don't like drippy dust catching lubes, and those over marketed, non-science supported wax lubes (that wear out a chain in weeks).

    I only have one bottle left !!
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

  2. #2
    Space for rent...
    Reputation: SSteve F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Looks like you can still get it at Cambria/Blue Sky. Not sure about shipping fluids across the border, it may be a problem.

    http://www.qbike.com/cgi-bin/find.cg...y+lube&auct=on

    If it is too much hassle, then yellow pages/phone all the GTA bike shops to see whos has NOS.

    I am White Lightning user, but not impressed with the results.
    It's only pain......

  3. #3
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,136
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    Looks like you can still get it at Cambria/Blue Sky. Not sure about shipping fluids across the border, it may be a problem.

    http://www.qbike.com/cgi-bin/find.cg...y+lube&auct=on

    If it is too much hassle, then yellow pages/phone all the GTA bike shops to see whos has NOS.

    I am White Lightning user, but not impressed with the results.

    I've ordered lube from the US post 911, so I don't see it being a problem.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.


    Shorthills Cycling Club

  4. #4
    I already rode that
    Reputation: SuperNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F

    I am White Lightning user, but not impressed with the results.
    Yea I used WL before and it never lasted that long for me. I found myself reapplying it during my rides cause it wasnt lasting very long.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

  5. #5
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,858
    My current favourite lube is T9 Boshield but it may not be for everyone. Nice and dry, easy to clean in dusty conditions.

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  6. #6
    Looking for Adventure
    Reputation: Ricksom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,023
    My backup choice is ProLink lube. Not bad, but still attracts some dust, and gives off too much fumes.

    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

  7. #7
    Looking for Adventure
    Reputation: Ricksom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    Looks like you can still get it at Cambria/Blue Sky. Not sure about shipping fluids across the border, it may be a problem.

    http://www.qbike.com/cgi-bin/find.cg...y+lube&auct=on

    If it is too much hassle, then yellow pages/phone all the GTA bike shops to see whos has NOS.

    I am White Lightning user, but not impressed with the results.

    Thanks man, I ordered 15 bottles from Cambria......should last a while now
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

  8. #8
    X-Ray Guy
    Reputation: Jawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    306
    ugh and i had just settled on pedros for my dry lube...guess im goin back to Finish Line Dry

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Braids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    I am White Lightning user, but not impressed with the results.
    Been using White Lightning for years and I love it. Apply it to a clean chain, let it set and it's good to go. Even used it during the winter.

    To the OP applying during rides, you do know it's suppose to be applied on a clean chain and allowed to "dry", right? It's kind of useless wet and probably will damage your chain if you don't follow the directions.

  10. #10
    I already rode that
    Reputation: SuperNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Been using White Lightning for years and I love it. Apply it to a clean chain, let it set and it's good to go. Even used it during the winter.

    To the OP applying during rides, you do know it's suppose to be applied on a clean chain and allowed to "dry", right? It's kind of useless wet and probably will damage your chain if you don't follow the directions.
    Did all that and it still didnt last. Garbage.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,032
    I saw about 8 or 9 bottles of it at MEC (downtown location) on Saturday.

  12. #12
    Looking for Adventure
    Reputation: Ricksom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,023
    Got some to sell.......cheap........say $50 a bottle......
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

  13. #13
    LMN
    LMN is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,453
    Just started using the Pedros Ice wax in the super dry conditions found in Kamloops BC. The only lube I have found that will stay on my bike for more than 20 minutes in the dust. The trick is to apply it early (night before) and apply a lot.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    Apparently, Pedros has discontinued this great lube, which got me hooked several years ago after trying way too many lubes.

    I'm looking to buy a whole crate of this stuff if it still exists in Canada, or U.S.?

    Sorry for the lame post, but I just don't like drippy dust catching lubes, and those over marketed, non-science supported wax lubes (that wear out a chain in weeks).

    I only have one bottle left !!
    I believe Velocity in Orillia has some left...

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: want to ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    338
    I just picked up a small bottle at Cycle Solutions this week end!
    I saw a couple of more bottles on the shelf...
    It was 9.99 -20% discount...
    I was at the Kingston rd location...

  16. #16
    mnt bike laws of physics
    Reputation: yogiprophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,211
    Ebay has (18) 4oz. bottles for $35

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •