mtbr member

when does Buckwallow close?

Title says it all - I was hoping to get up there for a ride this weekend, but realized it may be the end of their season. Does anyone know if/when they close to MTBs for the winter?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I think last weekend was it Evil (i.e. last weekend in October), but if you want to make sure you can call the place to find out. If you have the trail map, the phone number should be on it ... I have it, but not with me right now. If you find out it's still open, post here again to let us know. I would not mind another visit to Buckwallow this year.

mtbr member

Tomorrow

It officially closes Oct 31st. Trails are in good condition, we were there on Sunday and he had a great turnout for his last weekend. The parking lot was full! Here's a couple of pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nuts. Any suggestions for somewhere else worth a drive out from Toronto this weekend? Other than the usual suspects (Albion, Kelso, Durham) that is - I'm looking for a change of pace and a good day of riding.

mtbr member

weather looks good

Kolopore is always nice riding this time of year, and the weather network is calling for a nice weekend.

You can check and see if Porcupine Ridge is still open which is just north of Buckwallow in Bracebridge. Hardwood Hills is still open as well.

Muskoka
    Buckwallow closes Oct 31. And yes, the place was surprisingly hoppin' this past Sunday. Everybody getting in the season closer. Torrence Barrens (do a search for pics) is also a great ride in this area, but beware deer season is on for the next 2 weeks in Muskoka. I stay out of the woods during that time.
    Last edited by BlackCanoeDog; 10-30-2007 at 09:04 AM.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdoff
    Hardwood Hills is still open as well.
    I second Hardwood Hills.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Live Free or Ride!
    Hardwood, Hydrocut, or The Don
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies! I live a 5 minute ride from the Don, but Hardwood or the Hydrocut are good options... I'll just try and do one on Sat and the other on Sun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Buck closed Oct 28th with a bag up weekend ride and get together

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy49
    Buck closed Oct 28th with a bag up weekend ride and get together
    The "Real Truth" is Buckwallow always closes Oct 31st, reopens May 1st, regardless of what day of the week it is. I enjoyed 2 nice days of riding on the 30th & 31st to close out Bucky's season.

Cycle Solutions
    I was there last weekend too trying out one of those Xprezo's. Awesome turnout and the trails were really well maintained and a blast. I'll be back for more in the spring.

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    I was there last weekend too trying out one of those Xprezo's. Awesome turnout and the trails were really well maintained and a blast. I'll be back for more in the spring.
    I was there on that Sunday also, but did not try an Xprezo. Heard some very positive reviews about them, particularily their 4" travel FS.

Cycle Solutions
    Yes that was the one I was there to ride (Wuuu). Was a pretty sweet ride. I think they will do well in Ontario.

http://www.xprezo.ca/produits.htm