Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

Well this could be interesting.... http://www.gtabikepark.com/

http://www.gtabikepark.com/

No real details other than it opens up for November.

Anyone know anything about it?

humber river advocate
    90'000sq feet is a hell of a big place... hope they got a good deal on the rent.
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills MPAC
    will build trail for rep... give a rep today...

Evil Jr.
    They made an announcement about it at Mountainview yesterday too.

No more long boring drives to Cleveland for me(although I'll miss the Saturday morning runs to the Farmer's Market)!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Maybe to through some stunts, which we know you're keen on, but not so much for endurance training.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    90'000sq feet is a hell of a big place... hope they got a good deal on the rent.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Maybe to through some stunts, which we know you're keen on, but not so much for endurance training.

No but it's still a good place to work on those other skills that Enduro types tend to neglect.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Looks good..even a cross-country track!
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Will save me the trip to Cleveland this year. I have wanted to go for the past 2 yrs and never made it but TO is far enough for me so that will be perfect. What would be really perfect would be if it was open 24 hrs for us shift workers that have nothing to do in the middle of the night. Can't wait to hear the rest of the details.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looks good....

mtbr member
    Wow, I hope they can pull it off ok. Rumored to be in Markham according to the site, given the cost of rent, I'm sure it's going to be out there a bit.

I hope they have some sort of flow to the place, Ray's is a great template. Winter riding AND this would be hella fun

Happy Mojo Rider
    If it's in Markham that would be a plus since it won't be far from home. very interested to see what they're going to build.

mtbr member
    If its in Markham, its not exactly GTA, its added-on GTA
    Stuff.

humber river advocate
    not just me lol, but a large portion of the riding community considering the number of bike parks popping up. oh, they do have spin bikes...

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills MPAC
    will build trail for rep... give a rep today...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    this is wicked awesome news...seasons pass here i come...

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    I've heard a little bit of the planning and it sounds AMAZING. If anyone can do it, and do it right, it's these guys. I LOVED Ray's. This has the potential to be even better. (And, you know, MUCH closer.)

What's killing me is that they keep adding little teasers to their website a couple of times a day. I'm going back constantly! Damn them!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This sounds amazing, hope it comes through and lasts...

Misfit Psycles
    explosions rocked the park yesterday...

...quite possibly and exclusive tour coming next week.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    I still feel a tremendous loyalty to Rays because he was the first and original and I consider him to be a friend. But this could do VERY well in TO. I'll definitely throw my support behind it.

But at the same time, I'll still make the trip to Rays a few times each winter too

Good luck to the guys doing this. They deserve all of our support.
    Dan
    Ontario, Canada

2007 Cannondale Scalpel 1
    2005 Cannondale Rush 1000
    2004 Cannondale Chase

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    I've been following progress on the website religiously. I loved Ray's, so if this can be anywhere near as good, I'll be so there every weekend.

Anyway, they're asking for input about the most important feature in a bike park. I'm divided! I think the skills lines were the most useful for me at Ray's. But I loved the pump track (a new discovery for me!). And the cross country loop was great for a good warmup... I don't really care about the jumps (though they were awesome to watch), but the foam pit was pretty cool. Thoughts?

Live Free or Ride!
    Well what they need is too build alot of what will draw the crowds or the place won't survive. I thin a good pump track with dirst jumps, a good XC track with some tech stuff is the way too go. Me thinks Rays is a good start.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    At Ray's I loved the skills lines (if we're talking about the same thing, where you drop in and have ~10 lines to choose, some being skinnies/teeters/rockgarden/etc). I was REALLY impressed with the flow @ Ray's, I was expecting somewhat of a chaotic scene with riders weaving around eachother in all directions but the way it was set up was perfect. I think the key to this type of park is being truly friendly to beginners and experts alike, a separate room for beginner's at Ray's went a long way in providing a place for beginners to get into it without feeling intimidated and also a great warm-up zone...I'm super stoked about this place!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I was looking into a indoor park a few years ago. One big issue I was concerned about was the fact that a lot of people don't really want to pay entry fees! I was at Albion last week & there was nobody at the entrance & you r supposed to be a good person & pay via an envelope. Well the park ranger came around & asked to see my pass.No prob, showed him & went over to some other people in the parking lot & here we go. He had no money on him & his buddy was coming & will pay. Come on would you go out with no money on you!
    People have been sneaking into all these great trails around Ontario. Will they pay to ride indoor?
    One other point i bring up is that a lot of people cried that the King trails is too short! You think 90k sq feet will wet your apatite?
    I think for the bmx crowd this will be great, but for XC? I will definetly try it out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    People will pay for an indoor park, no question. The difference between an indoor park and the outdoor trails is that indoor bike parks have little if any direct competition. Where else can you ride your bike in the dead of winter? These places aren't intended to be full-out XC trails - they can't be for obvious reasons - but they're still wicked fun and a great way to sharpen your technical skills. I was out at Ray's for one weekend last year and improved my balance and slow-speed handling tremendously.

I was also looking into starting/partnering to build an indoor park after my Ray's trip but when I worked out the numbers it just didn't make financial sense for me. Kudos to the guys building this park, takes a helluva lot of hard work and time!

Evil Jr.
    In the summer, it can be pretty hard to justify paying to ride. In fact, I'll avoid it if at all possible and the only time I do is for races.

However, in the winter, not only do I pay to ride, I subject myself to a ridiculously boring drive to Cleveland AND pony up the dough for a hotel and meals.

With a local park, I won't have the compunction to ride for 12 hours only to pass out in front of the fire place just to restore my sense of "value".

It'll be super-easy to pop-in for a couple of hours, do a loop or two, hit the pump track and some skinnies and STILL have all afternoon to squeeze in a good 20 km of skiing.

Way better than going to the gym if you ask me.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    This place will be 10 minutes from me. The only annoying thing is that I bought a trainer a few months ago, thinking I would use it this winter. No way. Not with this place so close.

Anyone want a Kurt Kenetic, new in box?

mtbr member
    Last winter we went down to Ray's twice.
    It was surprisingly exhausting and fun!!!
    That place is really flows I hope they come up something really similar layout !
    Hopefully we'll see a lot of Demo days there...
    Finally we would have the chance to test the bikes on trail like conditions....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast