Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wed Nite King City Races

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pikester 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard anything - their FB page hasn't been updated. Anyone know Zach? It's a great race series - would hate to see it evaporate.

#3 ·
Funny story - at the P2A I ripped my rear derailleur off just before Harrisburg - got picked up and taken 3km to Harrisburg where we were told (I wasn't alone) we could get a bus to a bus or something like that. As soon as I stepped out there was Zach offering tech support - I asked him to make my bike a single speed and he did in about 2 minutes - decided to ride to finish (so I could at least wear the P2A shirt I bought).
I brought up King City and he said with others involved it still would happen.

#5 ·
Someone told me Zach has a 9 to 5 and doesn't have time to set up. I'm assuming no one else has stepped up to run it. Sucks, but that's where we're at. I've registered for Tuesdays at Albion (but skipped this week when it rained buckets at the start). Wednesdays, as of right now, are kaput. AFAIK.

If some people want to get together at King City and ride on Wednesday nights, I'd be game. Maybe some people already are, but just haven't invited me. Bastards.

#6 ·
...gone with a whimper not a bang?

I had some hope when I ran into Zach at P2A but now I'm not so sure.

This is a great venue and event so it really should continue. If someone could "acquire the franchise" they should. Then hire a couple of youngins to arrive early to set up a course and we're "game-on".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.