Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Waterdown Trail Conditions?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  smiley 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the conditions are like at waterdown? Given thats its been a fairly dry week im hoping it will be ridable. But i know the low areas are prone to staying wet.

report would be appreciated.

cheers,
Aaron

#2 ·
Should be....

I would think they would be almost like Kelso/Hilton falls given that these are in the same/near region,

I was up at waterdown last september (first time) and really liked it, managed to hook up with some local riders, going to have to head back up there soon, was at kelso this weekend, trails are in good condition, fast, dry and the rocky sections were fun to, testing out my early season patience and technique

VernDog

#4 ·
The biggest change this year are the "No Bikes" signs in the Falls area.
This was inevitable.

Hopefully cyclists respect the signs and no trouble arises.

Do you know if there is an advocacy group working on protecting and maintaining the trails there? Having a place like that 'unregulated' and right in an urban area is a disaster waiting to happen. All you need is some nimrod 14year old to try something beyond his ability and break a bone and then we lose access to one of the few good riding spots in the GTA.

#6 ·
Waterdown location and trail map

Can anyone give me a good idea where the trail head's are for Waterdown? And is there a trail map anywhere?

I've heard good things about the trails there and want to check them out, but preparation will hopefully keep me from getting lost.

Thx

#8 ·
Check out the LBS

jmurray said:
Can anyone give me a good idea where the trail head's are for Waterdown? And is there a trail map anywhere?

I've heard good things about the trails there and want to check them out, but preparation will hopefully keep me from getting lost.

Thx
Bicycleworks in Waterdown have group rides and apparently a map of the trails is available

http://www.bicycleworks.ca/

One trailhead is off Rockcliffe Road (small parking lot on south side)

Only been a couple of times, and a few hiking trips...nice area. Still trying to find the 'shore type' stuff. Found a bit just south of the tracks in pretty bad shape though

So whats the deal with 'no bicycles' ,starting from falls (off Waterdown Rd.) heading west, there is some sweet trail in there! That area used to be rider friendly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.