Up, Up, and Away!

A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord

So, after seeing their booth at the Outdoor Show, my wife and I decided to make Vallée Bras du Nord a stop along our way to the East Coast this summer. What a beautiful place! It's just northwest of Quebec City in Saint Raymond.

Our campsite:

A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010801.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010802.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010807.jpg

Our dog:

A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010818.jpg

Some of the scenery:

A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010825.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010874.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010878.jpg

On the trails:

A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010900.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010908.jpgA Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord-p1010912.jpg

A little helmet cam footage:

A tourism video:

The trails were fantastic. It's a shame I didn't have more time.

mtbr member
    Awesome!

I was in the area back around the World Cup (Early August). Coming back from the East coast, the intention was to stop at Valley Bras for a couple days of riding, then head over to Mt St. Anne for the World Cup. The weather forecast was looking super sketchy, so decided last minute on just heading to St. Anne and ended up doing some road riding, but managed some MTB. Had my small trailer as well (sweet Rpod you have).

I'm guessing you stayed at Le camping Etsanha? Looks like a great spot. Very little information, do they have any services? (Potable water?)

Definitely want to make it back next year to ride and camp.

Up, Up, and Away!
    Thanks! We love our RPod. Yes, we stayed at Le camping Etsanha. They have potable water now to fill up your tank (as of last summer) at the host campsite - very clear, no odd tastes. No electrical service and no showers though. All of the bathrooms were super-clean and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. I don't think there was a bad spot in the whole campground! They really need to update their website info - it is definitely under-selling it.

The trail system is extensive and growing. My favourite trail was Neilson Pt 1 - 5.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprGrovr View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010807.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	827595

The trails were fantastic. It's a shame I didn't have more time.
    Camping essentials: Frank's. Nice!

Looks like it was an awesome trip!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!

Were the trails far from the campground?

Up, Up, and Away!
    The trails are a 15 minute drive from the campground.

Gnarly
    Wonderful pics and video. I love the landscape

Hope the weather was ideal.

We're planning to go to Mont Ste Anne again this fall. Your post got me excited
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Up, Up, and Away!
    Thanks! The weather was perfect. They also have downhill trails you may be interested in at the ski hill in Saint Raymond.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I can be considered as a "local" and it's NOT DH trails Ok, a little itchy, but not that much (I think).

As I say on an other thread, they opened a lot of new trails near the "ski mountain" and it is really nice. Really.

As you did the Neilson, I hope you did the Grande Ourse from the beginning (the "receptionist"). I may plan goin there this weekend, I'll film it at WOT. Well, it is such a nice place to ride and it's growing fast.

if you go to the Shannahan spot, please, don't waste your time on these trails:
    - typhon
    - tomahawk
    - David et Goliath

those are trails that are killing the mood.

cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Up, Up, and Away!

Re: A Visit to Vallée Bras du Nord

My mistake... I must have misunderstood. The french I learned in high school can only get me so far! Those are XC trails then on the ski hill?

Anyway yes, I started out on the Grande Ourse trail right next to the Shannahan office. The first part is not to be missed!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    And if you like racing, the Raid Bras du Nord at the end of August is a real winner. It's been designated as Canadian Marathon National Championship the last couple years and it's awesome. Big 100km loop with a great mix of just about everything including wicked singletrack and a monster 5km climb. Starts and finishes on main street in St. Raymond. Very high quality race. Nothing like it in Ontario.