USADA Doping Statement

Printable View

  • 10-10-2012
    Enduramil
    USADA Doping Statement
  • 10-10-2012
    nspace
    As a result, six of Armstrong's former teammates have been suspended by the anti-doping agency. Levi Leipheimer (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), Christian Vande Velde (Garmin-Sharp), David Zabriskie (Garmin-Sharp), Tom Danielson (Garmin-Sharp), Michael Barry (Sky) and George Hincapie (BMC) have been given bans that may be backdated. If a suspension of six months is ratified then each rider could return to racing by the time of Paris-Nice, next Spring.

    This is going to get interesting.

    Lance must be hurdling together his all-star legal and PR team.
  • 10-10-2012
    Circlip
    No doping here folks. It's all in your imagination.

    We believe in you Lance. :rolleyes:
  • 10-10-2012
    Enduramil
  • 10-10-2012
    Enduramil
  • 10-10-2012
    garage monster
    I know it shouldn't matter or be surprising but I'm kinda bummed that Barry was named in all this. :(
  • 10-10-2012
    saturnine
    pretty easy to face a lifetime ban when retired.
  • 10-10-2012
    osokolo
    it is very adequate...
    encouraging that all the top riders, including our very own Michael - what a surprise... he was in Toronto a month ago, riding for charity and I passed on the opportunity...

    Well, this is substantial enough to cause some big change in the world of sports, I think...

    I wish I had time to read all 1000 pages of evidence...

    UCI - your turn...

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post

  • 10-10-2012
    osokolo
    this is much bigger than a life ban
    on Lance... way bigger than him or anyone else involved...

    first - shows that no one is bigger than the sport... Lance thought he was...

    second - shows that you may run for a while, but you will be caught cheating...

    third - there may be a chance that younger athletes realize it is not worth it and level the playing field from the get go... tough chance, but after reading the summary - there may be a chance... prior to this - I didn't believe there was...

    I am sure Circlip will elaborate way more eloquently...

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    pretty easy to face a lifetime ban when retired.

  • 10-10-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    I wish I had time to read all 1000 pages of evidence...

    I am going to try to carve out a bit of time to dig into the 202 page summary tonight.
  • 10-10-2012
    osokolo
    i will read it all for sure...
    this is too big to miss...

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I am going to try to carve out a bit of time to dig into the 202 page summary tonight.

  • 10-10-2012
    Biggie
    My 5 year old came home once welling up with tears, he cried, "Jack says all of my toys suck!"

    Later that night he said, "Dad, Jack is just jealous".

    What we have here is a dozen or so Jacks jealous of THE MAN.

    Bicycling just had an article describing how Lance's seven 1st losers (second place finishers) are all caught dopers too! The playing field was level at the top. Put an asterisk by the doping year's records and move on with it.

    The most illegal thing Lance ever did was probably with the Olsen twins...
  • 10-10-2012
    Soupy777
    Jealous ? Must be to out themselves as cheats take the lance glasses of he's a cheat and should be stripped of his titles and made to pay back any prize money
  • 10-10-2012
    ALBM
    Wait...WHAT?! ...What did Lance do with the Olsen twins?
  • 10-10-2012
    saturnine
    life lessons : cheaters do prosper and winners do drugs. in spite of what arcade games told us.
  • 10-10-2012
    Enduramil
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    life lessons : cheaters do prosper and winners do drugs. in spite of what arcade games told us.

    If cheaters didn't prosper then how did people get rich?
  • 10-10-2012
    Circlip
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ALBM View Post
    Wait...WHAT?! ...What did Lance do with the Olsen twins?

    It's OK, you can calm down. Apparently he only did one of them. Here's a report from the planet's most reliable news outlet for proof;

    Report: Ashley Olsen Dating Lance Armstrong | Fox News
  • 10-10-2012
    ALBM
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    It's OK, you can calm down. Apparently he only did one of them. Here's a report from the planet's most reliable news outlet for proof;

    Report: Ashley Olsen Dating Lance Armstrong | Fox News

    Calm down my a**, good for him! LOL!!!!! In the eloquent words of Chuck Estevez "Winning!".
    In all honesty, LA got America interested in bicycle racing, riding, cancer awareness, etc... I don't care if he doped, they all did back then (now), just shows that he was still the best out of all the dopers, hell if all the other racers thought that cutting one ball off would help them win there would have been a large group of mono balls rolling through the French country side.
  • 10-11-2012
    SkidVicious
    Lance is a drop in the bucket compared to the damage this will do to ASO and UCI. the scandalpot isn't even close to a boil. This is going to be the biggest shame to France since Petain.

    More amusing to me is how people still deify lance, he's just a guy that rides bikes: irrelevant in the grand scheme, and I'm miffed by the fact that people are happy for him that he scored with an anorexic that has the same sex appeal as a pile of cedar mulch. yes, he`s the best cheater

    Anyhoo, I think Lance is an example of "how the world really works", the fantasy is more important than the reality...

    He`ll always has his cancer jesus gig...
  • 10-11-2012
    osokolo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SkidVicious View Post
    Lance is a drop in the bucket compared to the damage this will do to ASO and UCI. the scandalpot isn't even close to a boil. This is going to be the biggest shame to France since Petain.

    don't care about France to be honest - but UCI has to be rebuilt... going after the journalist and suing him for libel or what not - shame in UCI... bunch of crooks...

    Quote:

    More amusing to me is how people still deify lance, he's just a guy that rides bikes: irrelevant in the grand scheme, and I'm miffed by the fact that people are happy for him that he scored with an anorexic that has the same sex appeal as a pile of cedar mulch. yes, he`s the best cheater
    priceless... LOL... :thumbsup:

    Quote:

    Anyhoo, I think Lance is an example of "how the world really works", the fantasy is more important than the reality...

    He`ll always has his cancer jesus gig...
    this is truth... scary...
  • 10-11-2012
    VVagabond
    I'm addicted to all the Affidavits. Snooping through their old emails is possibly more entertaining than watching them race! I'm off to read what Tom had to say.
  • 10-11-2012
    Circlip
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    I am sure Circlip will elaborate way more eloquently...

    Not possible. You nailed it already.

    I'm only here to provide tidbits about anorexic former child entertainment star billionaires. Good thing for Lance they never became a long term item. He would have been forced to sign off a pre-nup safeguarding her personal fortune, which dwarfs Armstrong's reputed $125 million net worth.
  • 10-11-2012
    osokolo
    geez... read some of the emails..
    what a soap opera...

    way better than 50 shades of gray, eh?

    :skep:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by VVagabond View Post
    I'm addicted to all the Affidavits. Snooping through their old emails is possibly more entertaining than watching them race! I'm off to read what Tom had to say.

  • 10-11-2012
    garage monster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    what a soap opera...

    way better than 50 shades of gray, eh?

    :skep:

    It seems than Lance has a bit of potty mouth! :eek:
  • 10-11-2012
    saturnine
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    what a soap opera...

    way better than 50 shades of gray, eh?

    :skep:

    i assume at the very least that they're better written