Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    sore member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Thanks Nostradamus.

Care to post up next week's winning lottery numbers (a.k.a. the "idiot tax") while you are at it?
    I'm no Kreskin. It was only logical that when they banned him from competition and his sponsors left him, he would have little choice but to sell his story (which you have to admit -- even if you despise the guy -- is pretty interesting) to Oprah, Hollywood, etc, out of financial necessity.

I think he should have done it earlier, and been more forthcoming. The general impression I get from the media is people feel it's too little and too late.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    I'm no Kreskin.
    You don't know that. Next rainy day maybe get to work on some cutlery and see what you can do. If all goes well, you can drop weight on your bike by removing all the shifters and derailleurs since you'll be able to shift by telekinesis instead.

cyberbully
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    You don't know that. Next rainy day maybe get to work on some cutlery and see what you can do. If all goes well, you can drop weight on your bike by removing all the shifters and derailleurs since you'll be able to shift by telekinesis instead.
    thats uri geller that bends the spoons...kreskin is no kreskin, he says so that he has no 'psychic powers' and considers himself a mentalist, using the power of suggestion and can read people's 'tells'. His thoughts on suggestion in controlling human behaviour are very mind opening and very, very interesting, from marketing methods (which hilter's propaganda man, Goebbels took straight from the madison avenue playbook and even said so). to human control through authority figures (in the vein of Milgrom's experiments)...
    ...a truly skeptical position would be a very uncertain one.
    -Rupert Sheldrake

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8