Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    It's the IOC double standard I find hard to believe. Let's see, badminton and figure skating have had epic fail levels of problems. Yet no suggestion of remove from the Olympics while they clean themselves up.

Media just interview him for hype factor. Only time he is ever in the press these days is when the media wants to create more hype for the average newspaper reader who believes it all hook line and sinker without thought. About 70% of the population. Who will then say.."look. They are cleaning up the sport and no more dopers." Same sheep who read about a huge grow op bust and think we're winning the war on drugs.
    i call it BS sir.

none of these sports had such an organized cheating network and organization compared to what Lance built over the years...

other sports had individual examples of human greed for success.

big difference if you ask me....
    Signature

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i call it BS sir.

Please don't call me Sir. I work for a living.

none of these sports had such an organized cheating network and organization compared to what Lance built over the years...

And the IOC is probably the most corrupt of all.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

cyberbully
    It's funny to me how no one finds Dick's suggestion at all hypocritical. Didn't here this suggested during the London Badminton scandal. Let us not forgettrack and field, weightlifting just to name a few sports with problems. How bout the scandals in figure skating as well?
    I find nothing wrong with what he's saying. His suggestion has to do with a corrupt international cycling body, which has zero to do with individual teams doping.
    ...a truly skeptical position would be a very uncertain one.
    -Rupert Sheldrake

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidVicious View Post
    I find nothing wrong with what he's saying. His suggestion has to do with a corrupt international cycling body, which has zero to do with individual teams doping.
    Yes, because the UCI is the only corrupt sport governing body in the world and in history.

I trust them all about as much as I trust a Roma lawyer.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

cyberbully
    Yes, because the UCI is the only corrupt sport governing body in the world and in history.
    irrelevant.

in any case, i've always been an advocate of a parallel TdF for dopers, and a parallel doperlympics (if they call it that i want royalties). its the only way to solve this problem, imho.
    ...a truly skeptical position would be a very uncertain one.
    -Rupert Sheldrake

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Not cool, Chris.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidVicious View Post
    I agree. The issue isn't that parts of the sport are corrupt but that the governing body itself may have taken an active role in covering up the corruption.

That being said, I think it's a long-shot that cycling would be removed from the Olympics.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sore member
    Quote Originally Posted by PickeringMTB View Post
    Does it really matter....I am not sure...
    What do you think?
    Do I care? Not so much. But I am enjoying watching the Armstrong apologists shift the goalposts in their arguments. And some of the tweets and LOL-images on this topic are just pure gold.

Evil Jr.
    Borat endorses this statement.

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I agree. The issue isn't that parts of the sport are corrupt but that the governing body itself may have taken an active role in covering up the corruption.

That being said, I think it's a long-shot that cycling would be removed from the Olympics.
    Reality as Mr Fahey the head of WADA publicly stated last fall is they are losing the fight against doping.

In regards to the UCI investigation into a Truth and Reconciliation period,
    Play the Game: UCI independent commission to hold public hearing after WADA rejection

Play the Game:

WADA will not participate part of their reason...no immunity for athletes if the come forward.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Evil Jr.
    Reality as Mr Fahey the head of WADA publicly stated last fall is they are losing the fight against doping.

Play the Game: UCI independent commission to hold public hearing after WADA rejection

Play the Game:

WADA will not participate part of their reason...no immunity for athletes if the come forward.
    I agree with you (and WADA) on that. If the "independent" inquiry is going to be effective, credible and at all adequate, it needs to be conducted without the participants living in fear of reprisals.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I agree with you (and WADA) on that. If the "independent" inquiry is going to be effective, credible and at all adequate, it needs to be conducted without the participants living in fear of reprisals.
    Reality is this will do nothing in it's current form to improve road cycling's North America's image problem.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

No. Just No. Moderator
    Reality is this will do nothing in it's current form to improve road cycling's North America's image problem.
    Did your military experience include extensive training in surrender techniques?

I'm up for a fight, even if you aren't.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Did your military experience include extensive training in surrender techniques?

ata boy...

FTW...

Endura did you laugh today?
    Signature

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    ata boy...

FTW...

Endura did you laugh today?

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Sorry, the Canadian Army does not use French military doctrine.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

No. Just No. Moderator
    Sorry, the Canadian Army does not use French military doctrine.
    Your unit did its training in France?

j/k I have tremendous respect for the act of serving one's country (Canada, France, or other) past and present.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Your unit did its training in France?

j/k I have tremendous respect for the act of serving one's country (Canada, France, or other) past and present.
    Nope on France.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

sock puppet

Play the Game:

UCI hearing will be a JOKE...

i hope Lance rats UCI out... that is the only good thing that may come out of his Oprah show....
    Signature

All my faucets is Moen.
    Yet another stripping.

Thirteen years after he stood on the podium in Sydney, Lance Armstrong has been stripped of the bronze medal he won at the 2000 Olympics because of his involvement in doping. The International Olympic Committee sent a letter to Armstrong on Wednesday night asking him to return the medal, just as it said it planned to do last month.
    The Silver medal still belongs to noted doper Jan Ullrich. I guess Lance is to popular not to take the medal away.

The gold belongs to former teammate Ekimov. Not sure if he dopped buy most of the Disco Team has admitted to doing so to save their own butt.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion View Post
    The Silver medal still belongs to noted doper Jan Ullrich. I guess Lance is to popular not to take the medal away.

The gold belongs to former teammate Ekimov. Not sure if he dopped buy most of the Disco Team has admitted to doing so to save their own butt.
    I think this is just the beginning of a year of great "unraveling". Depending on what Lance actually says in the next two nights, there are between 100 and 200 people around the world that are getting very nervous.

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion View Post
    Yet another stripping.

Let's disect this further.

1. Ekimov, no doping charges, but hard to believe a USPS rider, who supported LA and was close to Johan would not be on a program

2. Ullrich, convicted/banned

3. LA, convicted/banned

4. Olano, positive 1994, implicated as dope by Conconi in USDA report

It's a real shame how dirty the sport was, and still is. It's also a shame Lance is the only one with strikes through his results. They should hang'm all. Career dopers like Levi are free after petty 6mth ban, total fricken joke.
    beaver hunt

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    So what will happen on the pew oops I meant couch at the Cult of Harpo confession. Will Lance jump on the couch?
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

No. Just No. Moderator
    Will Lance jump on the couch?
    Remember, Armstrong is a cyclist. He will roll out on a bike and do a trials demo on the couch. You heard it here first.

Evil Jr.
    Remember, Armstrong is a cyclist. He will roll out on a bike and do a trials demo on the couch. You heard it here first.
    And then what, declare his undying love for Katie Holmes?

Has anyone else noticed that in the press shots of the interview, Oprah makes Lance look teeny-tiny?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast