Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Damn, already +repped you for something else. Nice call on Oprah.

I take first call on tears being shed for both Armstrong and Oprah.
    I call Carmichael/USAC getting thrown under the bus by Lance for doping him as a junior before he knew what he was doing and causing his health problems leading to those tears.

Strock Speaks

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth View Post
    I call Carmichael/USAC getting thrown under the bus by Lance for doping him as a junior before he knew what he was doing and causing his health problems leading to those tears.
    But oh noes, peoples of the flock of Carmichael will know he was not really Armstrong's "coach", and the thing was instead money money facade to get rich both guys. Guy in Italy with vroom vroom name who Armstrong explained many times no coach doing to him but get much money in bank transfers.

Where there is cod, there is liver oil. Called it here first.

mtbr member
    But oh noes, peoples of the flock of Carmichael will know he was not really Armstrong's "coach", and the thing was instead money money facade to get rich both guys. Guy in Italy with vroom vroom name who Armstrong explained many times no coach doing to him but get much money in bank transfers.

Where there is cod, there is liver oil. Called it here first.
    The interview will already have aired by the time I wrap my head around that lol-speak. lol. Apparently I also have to troll some forums to figure out who the Carmichael flock is and their angle.

But I gotta say, his name has been suspiciously absent from.......everything. Kinda why I feel Lance will have a clean canvas to put some tire tracks on,

No. Just No. Moderator
    The interview will already have aired by the time I wrap my head around that lol-speak. lol.
    Ya, lame I know. We'd need BJO around these parts to do it properly.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Strock Speaks
    Everyone is getting in on the manure tornado.

Nicole Cooke retires from cycling and takes aim at Tyler Hamilton and Lance Armstrong - Telegraph

cyberbully
    I'm glad Lance is coming full circle and fessing up, some healing can begin for him once he does this. The tragic part of this whole thing is that he and the rest of the world will never know how good he was.

Cheating in sport is still small fries and a tip of the iceberg kinda thing, this behaviour exists all around us in business, academia and politricks.
    ...a truly skeptical position would be a very uncertain one.
    -Rupert Sheldrake

Evil Jr.
    Lance/Oprah bingo!

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL, How did i miss this thread, i love a good lance thread, and one with circlip and osokolo makes it even better....
    Although, i wouldnt let either one ride behind me in a dark forest, especially oso, his very suspicious to say the least....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

sock puppet

can't wait to watch Oprah

which i NEVER WATCHED. this had to go on record. gotta protect my reputation.

hey Tone's my brother from another mother... last time we rode together you cried on the way back home. it was that good. circlip cried too, but he was scared to death - not believing my driving skills - when we caught some air over the rail tracks...

i have to admit, it was hard to control the car and post messages on MTBR at the same time... but doable... quite doable...

i don't condone and/or advocate using your data phone while driving, as well as drunk driving. for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, How did i miss this thread, i love a good lance thread, and one with circlip and osokolo makes it even better....
    Although, i wouldnt let either one ride behind me in a dark forest, especially oso, his very suspicious to say the least....
    Signature

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    circlip cried too, but he was scared to death - not believing my driving skills - when we caught some air over the rail tracks...
    It was beautiful man. I even caught some footage on my GoPro (see vid below). BTW your eyes are not deceiving you, that is CptSydor in the dorky suit running after us. I have no idea who the guys with guns are. Maybe we accidentally poached some trails on the way and pissed off some landowners?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Do we care???

Does it really matter....I am not sure...
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PickeringMTB View Post
    What do you think?
    Sorry PickeringMTB - much as I love the plethora Armstrong threads scattered all over MTBR, we probably only need the one in E-C.

Threads are now merged.

If you want to find out whether people care, there's some opinions in this thread already, and thousands of other posts on the topic in the General, Passion, Off Camber and other forums on MTBR also.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Mean while doping in cycling communes apace.

Singletrack Magazine | Enduro's first doping scandal.

Exactly as predicted.

All my faucets is Moen.
    What do you think?
    Good question. Do I care? Iíve been thinking about that the last few days actually. So this is what I figured outÖ

I DONíT CARE about the doping. Iíve been watching the Tdf since 2004 and loved watching Lance and his team race every single year. I rooted for them and loved to see them win. When I rode I emulated them. He (and the other dopers) are the reason I got into cycling and love the sport. Quite frankly the sport changed my life and he is a reason for that. He owes me no apology.

I DO CARE about the personal attacks and threats on his accusers. He made life very difficult for them. He owes them an apology and an explanation to clear their name so to speak. However, Iím sure an apology will not be enough justice for them.

I DONíT CARE about the Livestrong Foundation donors/workers. Inherently the money went to cancer research (or whatever they said it was going to), not doping. So they did good work and weíre probably way better off that he doped.

I DONíT CARE if he is the TdF winner. I my mind he is the winner so it doesnít matter if they strip him or not.

I DO CARE that his teammate turned against him. What a bunch of twats. Of course they were under oath so quite frankly they had no choice. But you have to look at USA Cycling as a whole not just LA, the whole god damn team.

All my faucets is Moen.
    From Canadian Cycling
    Dick Pound, a member of the international Olympic Committee has suggested that if Lance Armstrong showed that the International Cycling Union (UCI) covered up doping, cycling might have to be removed from the Olympics. Poundís comments came in reaction to Oprah Winfreyís statement that Armstrong confessed to doping in a television program to be aired on Thursday and Friday. The implications for grassroots funding of cycling programs if cycling is removed from the Olympics would be devastating.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion View Post
    From Canadian Cycling
    Yep - I've been trying to explain this as often as people would listen to it, for over a year now, about why having pros doping isn't a good thing for grassroots and local cycling.

Evil Jr.
    What do you think?
    It doesn't matter in that I think it's a little late (and disingenuous) for an apology now.

It does matter in that an example must be set for kids (and adults too, I suppose) that cheating can come with some fairly devastating consequences.

Just look at how fast Chris Spence's career completely unraveled in the last week over at the TDSB. He tried to brush the scandal aside by issuing a fairly weaksauce apology and the next thing you know, he's out of a job and potentially facing the loss of his PhD: Chris Spenceís U of T doctoral dissertation now under plagiarism probe .
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

my thoughts were and will always be with the riders that

rode clean, their trainers, sponsors, family, etc that never received what they worked hard for and what they deserved. Cycling in general was the winner because bike companies sold more bikes, old guys starting riding and became healthy, sponsors sold product, TV revenues were way up, North America became a cycling fan base and the excitement that was brought to cycling by Lance is immeasurable. Sure there will be a lot of people, myself included, that won't forgive him, but there is no denying he changed everything about cycling, at least on this side of the pond.
    Now I think someone needs to apologize to the victims, the riders that didn't dope and should have had a chance.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Dick Pound...the bitter bride left at the alter by Ein Verbruggen

Armstrong scandal could see cycling dropped from Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

Hey ********...obviously you have forgotten those researching skills you used while articling back when Percy Williams was competing. But somehow despite IAAF"s drug issues and Figure skatings numerous fiascos no suggestion was made to remove them from the games for 5-10 years.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Dick Pound...the Dick Clark of sport suits.
    Dick Poundcake is multiple flavours of awesome, and a Canadian to boot. The Pounder had Armstrong pegged from way back, and had no problems going against the grain at the time to speak his mind. Wish there were 100 more just like him.

sock puppet
    Dick Poundcake is multiple flavours of awesome, and a Canadian to boot. The Pounder had Armstrong pegged from way back, and had no problems going against the grain at the time to speak his mind. Wish there were 100 more just like him.
    agreed...
    Signature

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    agreed...
    It's funny to me how no one finds Dick's suggestion at all hypocritical. Didn't here this suggested during the London Badminton scandal. Let us not forgettrack and field, weightlifting just to name a few sports with problems. How bout the scandals in figure skating as well?

sock puppet
    It's funny to me how no one finds Dick's suggestion at all hypocritical. Didn't here this suggested during the London Badminton scandal. Let us not forgettrack and field, weightlifting just to name a few sports with problems. How bout the scandals in figure skating as well?
    and how do you connect Dick to these, in hypocritical way?
    Signature

No. Just No. Moderator
    I'm sure those sports are great too and am glad people do them, but do I really care about what is going on with them? Sorry - nope. Talk to me about what is going on with cycling and you have my attention.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    I'm sure those sports are great too and am glad people do them, but do I really care about what is going on with them? Sorry - nope. Talk to me about what is going on with cycling and you have my attention.
    It's the IOC double standard I find hard to believe. Let's see, badminton and figure skating have had epic fail levels of problems. Yet no suggestion of remove from the Olympics while they clean themselves up.

Media just interview him for hype factor. Only time he is ever in the press these days is when the media wants to create more hype for the average newspaper reader who believes it all hook line and sinker without thought. About 70% of the population. Who will then say.."look. They are cleaning up the sport and no more dopers." Same sheep who read about a huge grow op bust and think we're winning the war on drugs.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast