Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    just wait until we find out that gretzky doped. that's gonna bring down the country.
    Blasphemy!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet

fcuk all the hockey players..

i hope they dont play hockey for the next 5 years...

or even better - let owners hire replacement players and start a completely new NHL season, with players who will actually be happy with average 2.5mill salary...

spoiled motheryouknowwhats...

fire them all... i will gladly watch juniors play for maple leafs or any other team...

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Blasphemy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    dude beat cancer. that's gotta count for at least something. if that was because he was doping and getting blood transfusions then let's start doing that for everyone.
    Coindicentally, that is the sentiment behind the new alternate title for his autobiography:

Though I prefer this one:

GAME ON!
    sheryl crow is a fox
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

sock puppet
    WAS a fox...

GAME ON!
    i think for a 50 year old she looks pretty good
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Dorkimus Prime
    I think she's hot. I saw her front row in a nightclub once. One of those Molsen Canadian blind dates. I
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

Evil Jr.
    Anyone have about 45 minutes to watch an Australian Broadcasting documentary with video testimony? The World According to Lance - LINKY
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet
    Anyone have about 45 minutes to watch an Australian Broadcasting documentary with video testimony? The World According to Lance - LINKY
    or read this:

Statement Analysis: Lance Armstrong Case: Dr. Michael Ashenden on EPO

thanks Circlip for the link... it is astonishing... organized crime looks like amateurs compared to this case...

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    or read this:

Statement Analysis: Lance Armstrong Case: Dr. Michael Ashenden on EPO

thanks Circlip for the link... it is astonishing... organized crime looks like amateurs compared to this case...
    Dr. Ashenden is interviewed at about the 2/3 mark in the documentary too.

Evil Jr.
    Wow, this has been an implosion on a mammoth scale. The UCI is apparently done playing games and Oakley jumps ship. What's even left?

sock puppet

it sucks when heroes fall

but justice must be served.... better late than never...

wikipedia already updated their TdF pages... there is no trace of Lance...

i'll tell you - this is going to be hard on him. but he took a gamble on this one and lost... he could have done much better had he owned up to his cheat...

he looked much less arrogant on TV yesterday, when he said "i've been better, but i've been much worse..."

Wow, this has been an implosion on a mammoth scale. The UCI is apparently done playing games and Oakley jumps ship. What's even left?

ups and downs
    Doping is a lot like speeding, there's obviously a combination of risk/reward balancing and arrogance about not being caught involved. But like speeding, when you're captured on photo radar there's only so many technical arguments you can try before you just have to pay the fine (or surrender your license).

I think I heard on the CBC news today that even if the UCI tried to give the win to the first non doper in those years that it's all the way down to something like 22nd place.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Dorkimus Prime
    LOL.

The "Big Mig" also had positive tests destroyed. I wonder when he will be persecuted for decades and stripped of his Tours and Giros?

Always were different rules for Lance.

Forty years of this race's results will need to be expunged.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

No. Just No. Moderator
    If they could, I would say go for it. However, they can't because of statute of limitations in the WADA code and various local legal systems that are relevant to this case. In this Armstrong case, USADA also gave reasons and supporting legal precedent explaining why the SOL could be extended back for their case and sanction to encompass all of his TdF wins, rather than only 2004/2005 which were the only years within the standard 8 year SOL.

Two other (former) TdF winners have also been stripped of their titles, in the years since Armstrong won his last in 2005. Winners of the Vuelta and Giro have also been stripped. I'm glad Armstrong is no longer immune, and will have his titles stripped in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    LOL.

The "Big Mig" also had positive tests destroyed. I wonder when he will be persecuted for decades and stripped of his Tours and Giros?

Always were different rules for Lance.

Forty years of this race's results will need to be expunged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USADA Doping Statement-lance-armstrong.29z_19236510.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    If they could, I would say go for it. However, they can't because of statute of limitations in the WADA code and various local legal systems that are relevant to this case. In this Armstrong case, USADA also gave reasons and supporting legal precedent explaining why the SOL could be extended back for their case and sanction to encompass all of his TdF wins, rather than only 2004/2005 which were the only years within the standard 8 year SOL.
    The legal theory isn't that the SOL was extended - rather the act of conspiring to dope was a continuous act commencing in 1998 and continuting through to 2010 (or thereabouts) and the SOL only started as of the time the conspiracy ended. In my view, this is a sound legal theory. The UCI were ***** in their written response saying WADA should appeal - either that or legal subtleties are completely lost on them. Maybe that's why they think (allegedly) accepting bribe money is just a good way to sponsor their ongoing activities.

Happy though that justice is finally being done. Next up: we look into getting new leadership for the UCI. Dick Pound for President.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post

Dick Pound for President.
    No thanks.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    No thanks.
    why not?

i'd like to see him there too...

No. Just No. Moderator
    The legal theory isn't that the SOL was extended - rather the act of conspiring to dope was a continuous act commencing in 1998 and continuting through to 2010 (or thereabouts) and the SOL only started as of the time the conspiracy ended.
    I defer to your more proper legal explanation in place of my layperson's version - thanks.

The UCI were ***** in their written response saying WADA should appeal - either that or legal subtleties are completely lost on them. Maybe that's why they think (allegedly) accepting bribe money is just a good way to sponsor their ongoing activities.

Happy though that justice is finally being done. Next up: we look into getting new leadership for the UCI.
    McQuaid's statement left no stones unturned in trying to shift the responsibility from the UCI to every other party involved. I found it to be quite pathetic.

Dick Pound for President.
    I'm not sure if I'd go for Dick Pound as UCI president (could do a lot worse, but could probably also do better), but he was certainly on the mark - in a very outspoken way - during his tenure as head of WADA on all the Armstrong issues. He was vilified at the time for it by the Armstrong PR machine that was running on all cylinders, influencing public opinion on the matter quite effectively.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    why not?

i'd like to see him there too...
    Naw.. rather see Pat Strogan.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Naw.. rather see Pat Strogan.
    How on earth did you come up with that choice?

I think they should hire an ex-doper as the next President. David Millar for prez!

snowbound
    Jan 2005
    i'll tell you - this is going to be hard on him. but he took a gamble on this one and lost... he could have done much better had he owned up to his cheat...

he looked much less arrogant on TV yesterday, when he said "i've been better, but i've been much worse..."
    Yeah? I thought he sounded like a bad politician, a scripted speech, which, I suppose it was, as he was giving a rally/pep talk to those riding. Still it struck me as a missed opportunity to say something of substance, in front of a supportive crowd, understanding that whatever he said, would have been replayed around the world.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

I think they should hire an ex-doper as the next President. David Millar for prez!
    Bad idea as to me your promoting from within. It would appear as business as usual. Best to go seek someone younger with fresh ideas who has no connection to the UCI.

But the reality is while this all looks good it will really do very little to improve the public perception of road racing. But that would require trying to get the media to show it in a different light.

sore member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Lance played this wrong. He should have went the route of:

Tearful public confession > interview on 60 minutes/Oprah/whatever > book deal > movie deal > take on doping with the same enthusiasm he took on the fight against cancer.
    For the record, I called it first...

Lance Armstrong's Oprah interview: Doping confession could take place Monday - Sporting News

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Damn, already +repped you for something else. Nice call on Oprah.

I take first call on tears being shed for both Armstrong and Oprah.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast