mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ultimate xc 100 km bike race

Registrations continue to come in at a regular pace, please take note that the fees will go up as of April 1st

So far more Ontario and American riders than Quebec riders even if the event is located in Mont Tremblant Quebec

June19th is the big day.

Who will get. Free entry to the Ruta?

www.ultimatexc.com

mtbr member
    Registered a couple of days ago - looking forward to it! Quebec rider too.

Evil Jr.
    Let us know how it goes. Dan always runs great events!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'll report back when it's all over.

The course sounds VERY hard - looking forward to the challenge.

It seems quite difficult to get into in terms of being approved on past experience. A good riding buddy of mine whom I did the Transrockies with in 2006 got denied entry for the 100k. He's also completed BCBR, and two editions of CTS. I consider him one of the best technical endurance riders I know. I'm not sure what the criteria is...

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    Yeah, I'll report back when it's all over.

The course sounds VERY hard - looking forward to the challenge.

It seems quite difficult to get into in terms of being approved on past experience. A good riding buddy of mine whom I did the Transrockies with in 2006 got denied entry for the 100k. He's also completed BCBR, and two editions of CTS. I consider him one of the best technical endurance riders I know. I'm not sure what the criteria is...
    So you got in? Nice work. Now I am wondering who your buddy is, I have a couple of guesses. I wish I had known about this race earlier. Sounds so amazing. Maybe next year.

Good luck Overkill!

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond
    Now I am wondering who your buddy is, I have a couple of guesses.
    Well, it's not me. I did TR in 2007 and I've completed three editions of CTS...
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Well, it's not me. I did TR in 2007 and I've completed three editions of CTS...
    Don't forget about BCBR! Geesh, this almost could be your resume too. Bunch of stage race junkies! (kettle, pot etc.)

Anyway, you can't go, you will be in Michigan with Team Canada!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Too bad about the date. I've been wanting to do this race to. Next year I guess.
    Last edited by racergurl; 03-18-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I find it odd that I'm an obsessive mountain bike racer who competes in just about everything from Quebec City to London, who lives in Ottawa -- 2hrs away from this race -- and I've never heard of it or met anyone who's done it.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanB
    I find it odd that I'm an obsessive mountain bike racer who competes in just about everything from Quebec City to London, who lives in Ottawa -- 2hrs away from this race -- and I've never heard of it or met anyone who's done it.
    Do you know many adventure racers? It's part of a three day adventure race so maybe it's usually attended by adventure racers rather than mountain bikers. That's who I heard about it from...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    As per racing credential i am Looking for 2010 racing experience as fitness level from one year to another can vary greatly especially in the world of endurance athlete. Anyone with no results from 2010 wont be considered

This is a MONSTER and i want to make sure that while you will all be in pain, you will still have fun although you will have curse me at least 3 times before you finish

This is not a race for everybody and this is why i need to make sure that everyone on the start line is in top racing shape

Dan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan001
    As per racing credential i am Looking for 2010 racing experience as fitness level from one year to another can vary greatly especially in the world of endurance athlete. Anyone with no results from 2010 wont be considered

This is a MONSTER and i want to make sure that while you will all be in pain, you will still have fun although you will have curse me at least 3 times before you finish

This is not a race for everybody and this is why i need to make sure that everyone on the start line is in top racing shape

Dan
    But he DID have a result from 2010 - Crank the Shield, albeit with a much slower partner he was trying to help get experience for stage races.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that getting in certainly isn't an automatic if someone is considering this race, even if they have done stage races in 2010.

Dan - when will you be giving more details in terms of aid stations and the distance separating them?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    If you download the pdf MAP of the course, all aid stations and distances are indicated

Every hour or so you should have an Aid Station

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The 100 km is now 50% sold out.

The relay on the 50 km still has plenty of places left

Hope to see a bunch of you next June

Dan
    www.ultimatexc.com