dirt roadie

Two new bikes on their maiden voyage

...well, not really mine (the Hei Hei), but I've only ridden it twice in the snow before today. I discovered that Racing Ralphs are much better on dry singletrack than they are in snow
    I was having a great and fast ride around Brock and Decew, and when I went to cool down, I ran into Jeff (jmoote) on a ride with the Rapid City Cycle group.
    Jeff's True North 29er is really sweet, the details are excellent, and pictures definitely do not do it justice.

So here are some pictures of both bikes with a li'l mud. Click the thumbnails for a bigger image.

veldrijder
    Thanks for the pics. I wasn't feeling it today so I stopped to let my bike be photographed while the others did some laps around Glenridge

bi-winning
    For the record zed, your Team Poseur link gave me a good laugh.

I'm hoping to be able to hit the St. Kitts trails on May 1st, weather permitting.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    What's the capacity of the water bottle on the Kona?

Nice bikes btw

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    For the record zed, your Team Poseur link gave me a good laugh.

I'm hoping to be able to hit the St. Kitts trails on May 1st, weather permitting.
    Thanks, my friend made the site (I can't stand macs) to host some pictures, so we figured why not have some satire. If you can't make fun of yourself... I would count on my blog being updated more than his though.
    Maybe if you go in the evening on the 1st, I'll be able to go too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmytro
    What's the capacity of the water bottle on the Kona?
    I think it is only like 700ml, but that's pretty much the biggest one I can fit in there. If it looks big, that is because my frame is tiny (16")

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    I would count on my blog being updated more than his though.
    Maybe if you go in the evening on the 1st, I'll be able to go too.
    Your review of the HeiHei sounds very good. Do you think you will be trying any O-Cup races this year? That's where the real poseurs hang out.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

veldrijder
    Yeah, zed, if you want to carpool to an O-Cup or two this year I'd be all for it. I've never done any and was thinking of doing a couple for training/experience. Albion, Boler and Buckwallow are the ones I was considering.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Nice rides! Now get out there and get some action shots!
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    Yeah, zed, if you want to carpool to an O-Cup or two this year I'd be all for it. I've never done any and was thinking of doing a couple for training/experience. Albion, Boler and Buckwallow are the ones I was considering.
    Sure, I don't have a UCI license so I guess that limits me to the try-an-o-cup class?
    I don't know where any of those areas are so we'll figure something out.

veldrijder
    I'll be racing Try-an-Ocup myself since I just have a Citizens Permit, and you'd be on 1-day licenses I suppose.

Albion is 30min north of Toronto, Boler is in London. Buckwallow is in the Muskoka area (but much later in the summer - I may try to plan a vacation around that time).

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    Sure, I don't have a UCI license so I guess that limits me to the try-an-o-cup class?
    I don't know where any of those areas are so we'll figure something out.
    in 2006 and 2007, i did three O-Cups each year in the sport class, with 1 day licenses.

With a 1-day you can race beginner, try-an-0-cup or sport.

Shorthills Cycling Club