Nice day for a ride.....

Turkey Point Sign Vandalism

There has been some sign vandalism at Turkey Point and the surrounding area this summer. Someone has taken it upon themselves to deface the hard work that the Turkey Point Mountain Bike Club has been doing. This vandalism is now showing up on sign posts were the TPMBC has no trails or MOU's with the land managers. This tarnishes our image and the image of mountain bikers in general, not to mention threaten future land access opportunities.

If you see someone out there defacing the signs in any way please let them know that it is not acceptable practice and report them to 1)the club, 2)the land manager, 3)the police. Your help is greatly appreciated by the TPMBC.

Attached is a photo of a defaced sign post.

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

Evil Jr.
    That's not as bad as I feared when I clicked on the thread but it's still not cool.

Signs and maps (and even playground equipment, ) in Hamilton have a funny way of catching fire...
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    That's not as bad as I feared when I clicked on the thread but it's still not cool.

Signs and maps (and even playground equipment, ) in Hamilton have a funny way of catching fire...
    I know its not that bad, but some of it is in areas that the club has no permission / affiliation with and this will hurt our reputation. The post in the photo is in Bakus Woods, about 15km from TP. I've also spotted this same vandalism on sign posts of the Norfolk Sunrise and the Waterford Heritage trails, which are rail trails.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

GAME ON!
    i saw those all over the last time i was there. i had no idea what they were or what they meant but they made me smile so mission accomplished, i guess.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"