mtbr member

Turkey Point first time

Headed off to Turkey Point with the wife, brother in law and his girlfriend. They lay on the nice beach while I rode trails. I have to commend the folks that maintain the trails for how well groomed they are and the excellent marking. I rode about 34 Km of perfectly groomed fast trails with enough up and down to make it interesting. There is tons of twisty stuff and all you have to watch for is the sand on the east side of Turkey Point Road. You can get going pretty fast and hitting the sand in the turns can wake you up some.
    The trails are basically without features and have a couple of small log overs and no rocks and I think I may have ridden over a root somewhere. It is definitely hardtail territory. I did not run into one other rider or hiker in all the time I was there. I think I got pretty much the whole thing except for the stuff north of the fish hatchery. I was not sure if that was allowed, so I skipped it.
    The map on | Mountain Biking At It's Best is excellent and help me make sure I got all the trails. It was a perfect day on Saturday and being able to hit the beach after the ride is awesome. I think it would make a great day out especially if you have kids. I hear the beach area can get pretty packed in the height of summer. It was busy, but we had lots of room on the weekend. This will be a late summer ride from now on.
    Burnt Norton

Nice day for a ride.....
    Glad you enjoyed it secret agent, the trails on the north side of the fish hatchery are open and FUN! Next time your there be sure to check them out, take the gasline trail from the top of Wedowmaker to access them. That area of forest is slated to be logged sometime in the future so get out there while you can. It will take some time after the logging to rebuild. There is also some more trail going in North of Front road on the West side.