mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Trails in the Parry Sound area

I've just moved to the Parry Sound area and I'm trying to find some good trails around here. Buckwallow and Porcupine ridge are good for going on the weekend but I would like to find a trail I can hit before or after shift. If anyone knows of any I would greatly appreciated. Feel free to send a PM if you don't want to keep it somewhat secretive.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I use to live in parry sound till this past year. I lived up the 124 so I mostly rode around bell lake. I had a loop that would follow the hydro lines and then cut off to the snowmobile trails. I also use to ride the Seguin. A good ride is also from the town to the seguin trail entrance. You ride along old 69 and stuff like that. I lived there for about 5 years and in all those years I discovered a lot of ATV type trails with some intense climbs. As for single track, you are out of luck. You will have to go to Buckwallow of someplace else. Enjoy the PSound. Also ask Dave at the LBS. He will probably take you on a few trails too.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    How about the hydro line north of 124?
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The hydro line north of 124 is only good after june (very wet). You can go all the way up to ardbeg if you have the time. It has a few cut offs where you can get back on the bunny trail road. It is a fun ride. all double back but a great ride none the less.

How do you like your fuel. I am in the process of getting an ex9

Live Free or Ride!
    Do any of the Provoncial Parks around there have any riding?
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Not that I was aware of. There is the park to park trail from killbear to algonquin but that is mostly the seguin trail access road.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

124 Hydrocut

Thanks for the replies. I like the sound of the Hydro cut by 124. I'll have to give that one a try. Where does the cut travel to south of 124? Where besides 124 can you access it?

Steve

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The trail goes to either to bell lake or the Seguin river / Mcdougall rd which you cannot cross unless you do this. you will come to a few forks in the trail so stay to the left. You will then cross a bridge after a rocky decent and climb right after, stay to the right ( you will come out on the trail you see on the left later on). Then about 5km in after some nice climbs and descents (constantly up and down), you will come to another fork, Now the right trail will go to bell lake and the left will keep on the hydro cut. Now about 200 metres down the hydro cut trail (left of the fork), keep looking over to the left and you will see a little trail. Now get on that trail. This trail will connect you with the OSFA trails. From there you can go either north (back to long lake estates) or south (seguin / Mcdougall rd). Word of warning. When you get to the bridge (amazing hardpacked sand descent before), it might be closed due to keeping ATV's off the trail, That means that the other side will be a bit grown over. Also once you reach the bridge, if you think the climbing was intense before, you got another thing coming. The other side to this bridge will put you in cardiac arrest. The climbs on the other side are nearly impossible and long. Try then out. I use to live on Pinewood. This was my daily loop. I am glad I can share it with someone now that I no longer will be riding it. It is one of my favorite trails. It will make you into a mountain goat.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    I've snowmobiled up thru that trail (OFSC TOP C) & those hills are unnerving when they're icy. I'll see on my GPS files as to the distance from 124 up to Ardbeg.

The Seguin is kind of sandy east of Sprucedale. Between there & Bear Lake last summer it was quite muddy according to some ATVers that I spoke w/ north of Bear Lake. I was heading west from there, so the mud wasn't a concern.

I got in a few rides last fall & only a couple so far this spring. No issues have arisen on the Fuel and the handling is good.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Things to do in the Collingwood area, eh?

You could always look up our dear friend James V. Leone and pop in and say 'Hi!'