mtbr member

Trail Swag Interviews Rider Mel

You will remember Rider Mel from his books on Ontario Mountain Bike trails. I recently had a chance to sit down with him and chat about them.
    Come visit Trail Swag, an outdoors blog for Ontario!

pin it
    Thanks for posting up
    Lot's of good trails everywhere!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    It would be awesome to have an app that would have the trail on it and your smartphone could use the GPS function to follow it. If the trail guide were in this format, I bet it would be quite popular; even for those that know the trails. I took a map of the Puslinch trails, scanned it and sent it to my phone in PDF format. I don't have to bother with a paper copy. I then switch from the actual GPS on my phone to the trail map and can tell pretty much where I am. It would be nice if this were all integrated. Just think that a book format is a bit outdated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    It would be awesome to have an app that would have the trail on it and your smartphone could use the GPS function to follow it. If the trail guide were in this format, I bet it would be quite popular; even for those that know the trails. I took a map of the Puslinch trails, scanned it and sent it to my phone in PDF format. I don't have to bother with a paper copy. I then switch from the actual GPS on my phone to the trail map and can tell pretty much where I am. It would be nice if this were all integrated. Just think that a book format is a bit outdated.
    good idea