mtbr member

Trail conditions at Ravenshoe ?

I am thinking of going to Ravenshoe early on saturday or sunday.Does anybody know what condition the trails are in right now ? Has there been a lot of snow up there or are the trails frozen ? It's a bit of a drive for me with my big gas guzzler so I wanna make sure I don't go there for nothing and have to turn back.

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild
    I am thinking of going to Ravenshoe early on saturday or sunday.Does anybody know what condition the trails are in right now ? Has there been a lot of snow up there or are the trails frozen ? It's a bit of a drive for me with my big gas guzzler so I wanna make sure I don't go there for nothing and have to turn back.
    yo wolf

we did get hit with a bit of snow... I haven't gone in a few weeks... it doesn't drain very well, so expect some ice ... it is good riding when it is frozen... fast cause of the ice in some spots...

we had a bit of a thaw here today, but the white stuff has been coming down pretty good up this way, and still snowing...

there must be some other riders who have been up... I will try and see what the trails are like there this weekend... it is only a 15- 20 minute drive for me ...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Thanks Mysty, I'll know for sure by the end of the week if I'll be heading there or not. It must be nice to live so close to that place.

Singlespeed Mysty
    Thanks Mysty, I'll know for sure by the end of the week if I'll be heading there or not. It must be nice to live so close to that place.
    I live about 30-40 minutes from Albion (pends on traffic along hwy. 9) and almost the same to Durham Forest... and about 40-45 minutes to Hardwood Hills....

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    I also have few good riding places within 30-40 min drive , Kelso, Hilton Falls,Waterdown and of course there is Albion about 50 min drive. Once in a while I don't mind taking a longer drive and doing a different trail just for a change.

Bored
    Rode there on the weekend. Some trails were getting packed down on Sunday, but I'm not sure of the conditions now.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    Rode there on the weekend. Some trails were getting packed down on Sunday, but I'm not sure of the conditions now.
    I was waiting for you to step in BIG boy... I was thinking of calling you guys, but never got out myself... booo to me...

next time you go shoot me an email or better yet call!

things are pretty frozen today... it would be a very cold ride... if the weather stays pretty reasonable, I will be there Saturday or Sunday... Paxton is dying to go out again! ... although I can't make any promises that the little devil won't stop dead in front of you on a climb like last time... little buggar...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    Oh well it looks like the weather report is calling for rain/snow mix for sunday. So that means I'll be going there on saturday morning, I plan on being at the trailhead parking lot at 9:00 AM so I can get an early start.

mtbr member
    Change of plans I am out, I just don't trust the weather for this weekend, seems very unpredictable especially in that area. Maybe I'll try for next sunday depending on the weather.

Singlespeed Mysty
    Change of plans I am out, I just don't trust the weather for this weekend, seems very unpredictable especially in that area. Maybe I'll try for next sunday depending on the weather.

if I do end up going, will let you know... I am planning on going for a hike with the dogs if the weather is ok... if the weather looks OK, then may ride tomorrow... if not, might go to Albion depending on the cold factor...

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com