*R*O*W*Y*C*O*

New question here. Trail conditions in Niagara?

just wondering if anyone has any status on Niagara's Trails?
    Brock/Tremont, Short Hills, 12 Mile Creek areas?

This weeks nice weather will surely dry things up a bit.
    Last edited by PUBCRAWL; 04-15-2008 at 10:59 AM.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

alien exchange student

I'll try to provide an update tomorrow.

Howdy, I suspect many areas are good to go but I will likely be out tomorrow and will provide an update. I hope that is soon enough - otherwise, you please provide the update!

Cheers!

Mel

dirt roadie
    I'm going to try my luck at the upper trails around Brock and the reservoir this weekend. I've only ridden my new mountain bike twice - in the snow, and I've been itching to get it on dry trails. No doubt the trails below the escarpment (8x12 course) are still going to be mucky, but maybe some of the higher parts in Short Hills would be rideable.

alien exchange student

12 Mile and Brock are very rideable!

Howdy, I just got back from a very fun little tour. Starting from the parking area off Glendale (between Glenridge and Pelham) I rode the east side of 12 Mile towards Brock. I checked out most of the trail along Brock's property as well. There are a few small wet patches but nothing to keep you from riding. I'll probably check out the other side of 12 Mile (Marvelous Trails) and possibly the stuff along Decew tomorrow. More updates to follow.

Cheers!

Mel

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider Mel
    I'll probably check out the other side of 12 Mile (Marvelous Trails) and possibly the stuff along Decew tomorrow. More updates to follow.
    I can update on the Decew part right now. Pretty much bone dry, except for the trail leading from Brock to Decew road, there are a few slightly sticky areas at the entrance from St. Davids Rd. Also some wet and rutted areas between Decew House and the reservoir. Major clearing has been done in that area though, so it's easy to get around the wet/rutted spots.
    I think I had the best solo ride I've ever had today.

veldrijder
    I can confirm that the east side of 12 mile is ridable, as are all the trails around Brock (on the hill and at the top). I would stay out of Marv's trails for now since I've been told they are not ready yet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    Also some wet and rutted areas between Decew House and the reservoir. Major clearing has been done in that area though, .
    Humm..... artifact of the tour of pelham? I remember that section, possibly the slowest I've ever gone on a bike. Energy wise, might have been better to walk than attempt to ride.

Looking forward to a rip through the trails 'I grew up on' in the near future. Any idea of shorthills? Any chance the upper trail on the out skirts might be dry enough? Right now I'm amazed at how the drought from last year is really influencing the trail conditions, even with an above average snowfall and extended winter.

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor
    Humm..... artifact of the tour of pelham? I remember that section, possibly the slowest I've ever gone on a bike.
    Now that I think about it, that is probably the case. There was an abnormal amount of tire tracks. If it was super muddy for the Tour, then it sure has dried up fast.