mtbr member

trail conditions for Lake to Lake

I sure would like to get an update on what the course looks like for tomorrow. Was going to bring the 26er with some light knobbies but the
    29er is setup with bigger tires and would be better if it was really muddy.
    Anybody know what it looks like?
    thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Have not been there myself, but from what I have heard from friends they are pretty bad. Add the rain there is going to be tomorrow morning and its gonna be chaos out there. Id ride your 29er because its gunna be muddy!

mtbr member
    thank you. I saw the weather forecast and it is calling for 5 mm of rain in the morning so I guess it is "gonna be muddy"
    Good luck to you if you're racing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ol-crank View Post
    thank you. I saw the weather forecast and it is calling for 5 mm of rain in the morning so I guess it is "gonna be muddy"
    Good luck to you if you're racing.
    Good luck to you to, I am preparing for the worst conditions basically, I don't mind ridding in bad conditions/rain, should be fun regardless.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    That was insanity. Feel like I did really well considering the conditions.

mtbr member
    Any more of a race update from anyone who did this ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy View Post
    Any more of a race update from anyone who did this ?
    It was pretty slippery in the turns on the trail sections, but no standing water. Seems like they must have re routed a lot of it onto dirt roads, I finished a bit over an hour so pretty short race. I imagine the people toward the back of the field had a lot messier conditions to deal with. The one runup was pretty punishing, I admit to doing the walk of shame for part of it.

Overall a fun race. Given the costs of the event and the fairly short distance, I hope they will be able to continue to offer this event. It's fun and worthwhile but I suspect a lot of riders end up staying away due to the cost, especially with a duration of a cyclocross race. I imagine the fixed costs with all those police and rented facilities for start and finish are huge, plus the chip timing. Even marking this course would be a bear, lots of work to put this event on for sure. They did a nice job, I felt safe out there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    It was pretty slippery in the turns on the trail sections, but no standing water. Seems like they must have re routed a lot of it onto dirt roads, I finished a bit over an hour so pretty short race. I imagine the people toward the back of the field had a lot messier conditions to deal with. The one runup was pretty punishing, I admit to doing the walk of shame for part of it.

Overall a fun race. Given the costs of the event and the fairly short distance, I hope they will be able to continue to offer this event. It's fun and worthwhile but I suspect a lot of riders end up staying away due to the cost, especially with a duration of a cyclocross race. I imagine the fixed costs with all those police and rented facilities for start and finish are huge, plus the chip timing. Even marking this course would be a bear, lots of work to put this event on for sure. They did a nice job, I felt safe out there.
    I started in wave 3, and the conditions were terrible haha! Didn't help that I was stuck behind tons of slower people, don't know why I was put in wave 3, finished 49th. The climb your talking about I don't think anybody rode, when I got there it would have been impossible to even get 1/5 of the way up. Great race though, had a lot of fun.