mtbr member

Trail Build this Sunday Oct 14th, in the Don Valley

Come on out and help with your local trails.

We'll be finishing up some projects that we started earlier in the year. First up is the finish of the trial we started last month. We'll connect it into the main route, and close the old route at the same time. Next up if we get this finished is some rock armouring work a little further down the trail. We started this much earlier in the season but stopped until we could get some material. We are going to have that now so we'll try to finish so it is ready to ride for next season.

We meet at the Loblaws at 55 Redway Rd, near the back of the parking lot at the information trail entrance. Look for the City of Toronto Van, and my green F-150. Our work day is from 10am until 3pm (or until everyone is too tired to work anymore). If you can only make it for a few hours that's fine come on out anyway.
    Jason Murray
    Rep for Ontario, IMBA Canada
    Visit the IMBA Canada site to keep current on all things IMBA in Canada.

mtbr member
    Jason Murray

Slick Rick
    Looks like a great day!

but i have to ask, as i attempted this weekend -where is the best entry point to the trails?

mtbr member
    Pottery Rd and Bayview is a good trail head. Then you can head North on the only trail entrance. This is the Ridge. Eventually you'll end up at a parking lot (after a right hand turn over a tall root, you won't miss it, literally). This is ET Seaton park. There are trails from there that head up the various tributaries of the Don. Just before you cross the first stream turn left into a partially hidden (not really though) trail. This is Party Atmosphere. If you follow PA you'll get to a stream cross. You can cross the stream and continue onward. Or you can head to left just before the stream cross onto Catalyst. It is an alternate line up the hill from PA. It will take you back towards ET Seaton. There is stuff on the East side of the DVP, but we'll leave it at this for now.

I wish I had a map to share, but I don't. At least not a good one. I do have Google Earth files, but they are not annotated.
    Jason Murray