mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Toronto Spring bicycle show in March...are there any deals there like the Fall show?

I've never been to the spring show before cuz of time, but this year i think i have some time. I'm wondering, are the deals similar to the Fall show? As some of the Fall show prices had awesome prices.

I'm looking at picking up a road bike and also some tools mainly, Park stand (the fall show had'em for 75-80/piece) and also if they have a complete park tool kit. Wouldn't mind some tires either.

Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    There is WAY more stuff and just as good or better deals .

Heck , there's even new stuff (2007) as well .

I <3 29ers
    Honestly, the Fall show IS merely a "drop in the bucket" compared to the Spring show. More shops, more parts and more deals.

Think of the Fall show as a peeler bar. Think of the Spring show as the Playboy Mansion.

There, we're on "the same page" now, right?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    I couldn't go to the fall show, but after reading what the spring show is like i'll definately be going. Does anyone know when the spring show is, and does anyone have an idea of the bike companies which will be available for purchase (Giant, Specialized or Rocky Mountain?).

mtbr member
    there will be some of everything.

March 2-4, 2007

http://www.telsec.net/bicycleshow/
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2016 Trek Farley 7
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Definately go to the spring show. Never been to the fall show but I make sure to go to the spring show every year. Amazing stuff and its manafacturers and bike shops. Ryan Leech always does his trials demo too so thats insane to see.
    Looking to buy Vintage Brodies, Rocky Mountain's and steel Dekerf or Cove hardtails.

mtbr member
    I'll be at the spring show also. It will be my first time (never needed so much stuff at once before). I need new road and mountain shoes, helmet, road and mountain chain, mountain seat, shifter cables, mountain (and maybe road) tires, adjustable road stem, road bar "tape"... holy crap. There's more than I thought! And I'm sure I'll think of, or find more that I need during my winter MTB rebuild. haha...

-Dave

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave
    I'll be at the spring show also. It will be my first time (never needed so much stuff at once before). I need new road and mountain shoes, helmet, road and mountain chain, mountain seat, shifter cables, mountain (and maybe road) tires, adjustable road stem, road bar "tape"... holy crap. There's more than I thought! And I'm sure I'll think of, or find more that I need during my winter MTB rebuild. haha...

-Dave
    You see, now some like Dave here, he's screwed!

They don't have shopping carts at the shows.

I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I always make the spring shown . Some great deals to be had for sure . But if you want a bike , get there early and bring a baseball bat . It gets nuts . WAY to many tire kickers in one place . I find you can get a good deal pre show by a few weeks in store . The shop owners want to move the old stock and find it a pain in the a$$ to cart a whack of bikes down to the show . I have got a few sweet deals this way .
    cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I wonder if it's worth the 3.5 hour drive, i'd love to check it out.
    I'll wait till spring and see how much stuff I really need.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'm so there...just gotta drag someone along to be my shopping cart biatch hahah.

What would be agood price for a Specialized Allex Expert Road bike @ the show? As MSRP they are 2300 USD on spec's site for the 07s. Haven't checked out any of the local stores yet to see what they list it as.

mtbr member
    hahaha.... I'll have to buy a basket or trailer then too

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    You see, now some like Dave here, he's screwed!

They don't have shopping carts at the shows.

I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Members who have read this thread: 0