Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Toronto Bicycle Spring Show - It's that time of the yr again...

Just FYI for those people thinking of buying a new ride

http://www.telsec.net/bicycleshow/

I went to last yr's spring show and picked up a road bike and loved it. But I didn't check out prices for components, and that's what I mainly need now given my MTB ride is going on 2yrs (somethings are wearing out).

Anyhow, do you think this yr the vendors are going to have a lower price because almost all my friends i know across Canada now are ordering from the states with such a weak US dollar. The bike show you can wheel and deal a little on whole setups but I'm looking for bars, grips, shoes, brake pads, tires mainly. Maybe a 32oz Jug of White LIghtning if they have it hahah

Your thoughts?

mtbr member
    My thoughts are that I will go as I do every year, and in hopes yet again of scoring more good deals

I love the bike show, and I never miss it.

I would also assume the prices might even be lower because of the situation with the dollar!

Will be good times
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Nice day for a ride.....
    YAY! bike show time! I can't wait to check out some of the new stuff, blow some $$$, drool lots. Its gonna be great !
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

Happy Mojo Rider
    First year going and I'm hoping to find some cheap prices on bikes. Looking for Titus Moto lite or a Ibis Mojo. Are the prices really a lot better or is it a rip off.

calma
    I will be attend again this year.

I hopes are to be able to do the 4x race again, missed out last year my son was very sick (18 hrs in the hospital).

I have a look around at the various venders for deals to. Typically Cycle Solutions has the best product and ok prices. They deal primarly with MTB products.

I like checking out the new product for 2008, even though it has all been posted on the web and in the mags. It is cool to see it first hand.

I am disappointed that last year the Metro Jam was downgraded. I watch the 2 years previous and was glued to my seat - what those guys can do on a bmx is just nuts. They take it to a level way above everyone else.

Bike show the typical season kick-off.

Misfit Psycles
    certainly the first event of the cycling year.

i'll be there, but no more flea market...too legit to quit
    mchammer.jpg
    it is the charity of others that has been building the booth of love...that island...can conceal a cooler underneath. easy.
    display-1.jpg
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieTed
    First year going and I'm hoping to find some cheap prices on bikes. Looking for Titus Moto lite or a Ibis Mojo. Are the prices really a lot better or is it a rip off.
    All over the map. It's luck of the draw. When you see a deal you think is good (if it really is indeed good) you have to just go for it. I picked up one of the Specialized Allez road bikes from the fall show last year from Broadway cycles. I believe there were 5 of the same model in different sizes. By the time I decided I'd buy one and tripping over people to test fit it, the last one was being sold as I headed to the checkout. I figure they were all gone in about 20-30 minutes of the show opening. There are some good deals on bikes, but you really do have to bite when you find what you want. Or else it'll sell to the guy waiting in line behind you. Very thick crowds.. haha.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    I cannot wait!!!!
    However, I need a trainer NOW.................I am sure there will be sweet deals at the show but does anyone know of any deals going on right now on bike trainers??

ride till you die...........burn it up.........pedaloctane.
    cheers
    BURN IT UP >>>>>>>>PEDALOCTANE>>>>>>>

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherCraig
    All over the map. It's luck of the draw. When you see a deal you think is good (if it really is indeed good) you have to just go for it. I picked up one of the Specialized Allez road bikes from the fall show last year from Broadway cycles. I believe there were 5 of the same model in different sizes. By the time I decided I'd buy one and tripping over people to test fit it, the last one was being sold as I headed to the checkout. I figure they were all gone in about 20-30 minutes of the show opening. There are some good deals on bikes, but you really do have to bite when you find what you want. Or else it'll sell to the guy waiting in line behind you. Very thick crowds.. haha.
    Hey, I remember seeing you with that bike! Sweet lookin machine, been out on it much?
    sorry to go a little off topic here
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    ^^ dude man just fork over the money for a 1uptrainer...seriously money well spent in that dept, no regrets buying it. Using my Spec. Roubaix on it right now and it's a dream cuz it's so quiet compared to my other trainer.

Live Free or Ride!
    I find the spring show is way better than the fall show. The shows are OK but it's not that full of deals like everyone thinks. Most of the sale prices are right around the same as online prices. But every once in a while you find something sweet so that makes it worth going.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    If you want the cat's behind for trainers get a Tacx I-Magic. They're more expensive than some bikes, but I've used mine for the past 3 years and abso-freaking-lutely love it. It's a Virtual Reality trainer. Totally worth the cashola since our winters are so damn long.

By the way, Phelan, send me an email to bikerider (at) cogeco.ca. I've got a big jug of White Lightning, but I don't use that type anymore. We'll work something out.

As for the bike show, I go every year and usually pick a few things up. I'd recommend printing out a list of what you need and then go online and write down the best prices you can get (but factor in shipping, duties etc.). This way you know wether you're getting a real deal or just hype.

Dan

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I will be there ..... looking for a new seat and some other bits. If i see a good deal on a single speed I might be getting a bike too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    FWIW there is no pst on most bike stuff and bikes under $1000. this year here in ON

Do a google search or look at redflagdeals.com for info.

veldrijder
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_monkey
    FWIW there is no pst on most bike stuff and bikes under $1000. this year here in ON
    Only full bikes and safety equipment (helmets, bells, lights, etc).

It's great for a new helmet or nice trail lights, but there are not too many complete bikes I'd be interested in under 1k and it does not apply to components.

Sir Hurt Locker
    This is my first year going to the show, I hear good things about it so I can't wait to go!! I had a question about the test ride area, when you want to test ride a bike do they have a little track set up with maybe some obstacles or something?
    Cheers,

Seb

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    This is my first year going to the show, I hear good things about it so I can't wait to go!! I had a question about the test ride area, when you want to test ride a bike do they have a little track set up with maybe some obstacles or something?
    They do have a large paved area where you can test ride bikes, but nothing akin to real riding. For these shows, its best to come in informed and know what you're going for.

mtbr member
    HA HA...yeah the 'test area' is pretty pathetic. Like SLR says, know what you want before you arrive. Basically the test area is good to see if it fits you properly.

Singlespeed Mysty
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    certainly the first event of the cycling year.

i'll be there, but no more flea market...too legit to quit
    mchammer.jpg
    it is the charity of others that has been building the booth of love...that island...can conceal a cooler underneath. easy.
    display-1.jpg

SWEEEEEEET Noggy... you're building a booth? coolio...

can't wait to see it... I will be hobbling around at the show...

see you there...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Sir Hurt Locker
    Aww, that's lame ... they should let you take the bike out on the 4X track at least lol
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey didn't last yr Ryan Leech was in town or something and did a trials run or something?!? not much of a trials rider but i'm always up for watching some crazy guy on an mtb with mad balancing skills!@

mtbr member
    Yup...RL is there every year performing his gravity-defying feats!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    Yup...RL is there every year performing his gravity-defying feats!
    I dont think he's coming this year unfortunately

veldrijder
    I will likely be there, probably hanging around the True North booth when I'm not making the rounds. Not really looking for any deals specifically, but you never know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    YEAH!!!!! OH YEAH! I'm so hyped, i think i'm gonna get a street bike here. Bringing cash Btw XD to make prices even lower.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast