Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Toronto Allows EScooters in Bike Lanes

606 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ol-crank 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Problem is that the ones I refer to as E Scooters are marketed as Ebikes to circumvent the laws regarding licenses and such. Why they have pedals and cranks which despite being utterly useless as they are so bloody wide. Your knees would hurt. And are called EBikes in the product literature. So a person buying them will think they are okay to be in the bike lane and not care.

To be honest... what scares me more is that these are what people who have suspended or banned from driving for alcohol issues. Well, this is what they pick up and carry on business as usual.

#5 ·
That's kind of funny. When I was commuting with my bike, someone asked me if my license was suspended. Why else would you ride a bike? I get downtown typically a couple of times a week and those scooters can be a bit of a menace. Actually it's the drivers. They try to get around like a bike, but are way too big and tend to clog up both the bike lanes and car traffic. I am pretty sure that downtown commuter actually have them for other reasons than that they have lost their license. As mentioned above, there aren't that many bike lanes and they are not separated, so they are basically sharing the road anyway. At any rate, this will make no difference to anything anytime soon as it probably will not be enforced unless they have the cash grab blitzes like the ones where they give you tickets for not having a bell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.