Student

Too early? Who cares let's talk anyway...

Liberty 8X12!!!!!!!
    Who's in, who's out?
    Same course?
    It's right around the corner!
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    My registration form is filled out and ready to be dropped off! My good friend Irvin is also in this year! It's gonna be an epic season of MTBing!

On a more important note, I believe my son Tyler will be making his 8x12 debut this year Just the kids race (he is only 6 3/4s), but I think he's excited. Irvin's son is also going to be racing.
    Dan
    Ontario, Canada

2007 Cannondale Scalpel 1
    2005 Cannondale Rush 1000
    2004 Cannondale Chase

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    My registration form is filled out and ready to be dropped off! My good friend Irvin is also in this year! It's gonna be an epic season of MTBing!

On a more important note, I believe my son Tyler will be making his 8x12 debut this year Just the kids race (he is only 6 3/4s), but I think he's excited. Irvin's son is also going to be racing.
    I'm excited for your son and of course I'm sure "daddy dakin" is excited too!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    That's great! Good to see kids being active and getting outside to have some fun Hope he has a good time.

I was going to go register today, but I wanted to bring my wheels in to get the hubs serviced, and forgot to bring them
    I might have recruited two more racers as well for this year, my brother and my brother-in-law.

On another note, less than two months until the first race, and there is still snow on the ground. Methinks the first one or two are going to be a mudfest.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto

On another note, less than two months until the first race, and there is still snow on the ground. Methinks the first one or two are going to be a mudfest.
    As we know, if the the trails are muddy, the race will be a NO-GO.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Student
    Thats would be no good, I hope it warms up fast.

mtbr member
    The other day I heard that guy "Dave phillips" (from environment canada) said there was going to be cold temps for like another six weeks

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden119
    The other day I heard that guy "Dave phillips" (from environment canada) said there was going to be cold temps for like another six weeks
    If cold is 5 degrees, I can deal with that. If cold is -5, I'm not happy.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    actually he didn't say "cold" it was more like "below average temperatures" either way

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Here's the summary for Environment Canada's website.
    Looks like normal temps into May but above seasonal precipitation.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

rad to the power of sick
    The mean "% historically correct" sits at 50% +/- 5%.

Do meteorologists collect salaries? I hope not.

Single speed

Interesting things you hear while getting pulled along.

Hey All,

The 8X12 races should be a blast.

I am gonna try to get a race on my ghetto helmet cam and post it online.
    Any tips on where to upload would be much appreciated.

And I don't want to be out of line. BUT...
    One day while out for a snowy ride. One of the stronger riders I was with was saying something to the order of the possibilities of the 8X12 being run on some new trails in the area.
    [SIZE="5"]Virgin trails.
    Unopened and still TOP SECRET.[/SIZE]
    Only speculation on my part. I could be very wrong. As I only heard as a 3rd person to the conversation. And I was being towed along in their draft and huffing and puffing my ass off doing all I could not to be dropped.

Can anyone around here confirm the speculation of new single track to be unvieled @ the 8X12 this summer?

veldrijder
    I'm registered

Student
    Wow. New single track eh? I'm getting excited!!! I hope the speculation is right. Maybe someone should interrogate one of the nice fellas that work at Liberty. (Just a suggestion )