bi-winning

Today's ride took me to the gate of heaven - Xpost from roadbikereview.com

Here are some sights i saw on today's ride

My bike is dirty.

Waterfall

A pair of pictures from campus

I told you

What happened here?

I went to check the condition of some MTB trails. Just a short hike. There are still too many wet spots - not shown.

Can you name that trail?
    Last edited by rkj__; 04-13-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Student
    Nice pics Ryan. Good to see you riding.
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

dirt roadie
    Nice...looks like you had fun!
    I remember going to that Eng. building at Mac. I only lasted a year though
    That looks like Tiffany Falls so you probably rode the Chedoke rail trail, then out past Borer's falls and back around the RBG. Pretty close?

I think I'm going to start bringing one of my little cameras on road rides too, there's always interesting stuff to see around Pelham.

Also looking at the long-range forecast, maybe the trails won't be wet for long! Getting excited to hit the trails
    Attached Images Attached Images

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    Nice...looks like you had fun!
    I remember going to that Eng. building at Mac. I only lasted a year though
    That looks like Tiffany Falls so you probably rode the Chedoke rail trail, then out past Borer's falls and back around the RBG. Pretty close?

I think I'm going to start bringing one of my little cameras on road rides too, there's always interesting stuff to see around Pelham.

Also looking at the long-range forecast, maybe the trails won't be wet for long! Getting excited to hit the trails
    Yes, that is Tiffany Falls. I go by there many times, so I end up stopping now and again. Why not eh? No, i did not do the rail trail. I was near Borers falls, but did not go to that waterfall. I basically went from Ancaster to Waterdown and back. It ended up being about 55km of road. Wilson, Cootes, Olympic, York, Snake...

I didn't know you did some time at Mac. Where did you go after that? It seems like things worked out ok for you. I'm only 5 exams from the half way point, so I'm hoping I can make it through, and get one of those degree thingies.

Re: weather. Wow, look at that curve shoot up. I think I might have to dig out the shorts, and start flaunting my hairy legs again soon.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    pretty sure that last shot is at the top of the hill, west side of the snake rd, trail head????

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I didn't know you did some time at Mac. Where did you go after that? It seems like things worked out ok for you.
    I went to Mac for Mech. Eng 8 years ago and failed a lot Then I went to Niagara College for Construction Eng. Technology and graduated with honors. Just over a year ago I finally got a good job after going through a few periods of unemployment.

I don't think you'll have any problem getting through university. All your hard work and dedication will pay off in the end!

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden119
    pretty sure that last shot is at the top of the hill, west side of the snake rd, trail head????
    Very good

I went for a short hike to see what the Waterdown trails were all about. It looks like it would be a really fun place to ride. Some sections of trail were good, but I saw that some sections still had some standing water over them.

When I was coming out of the trails i saw about 4 or 5 guys with muddy mountain bikes. They said they did a lot of walking. Not dry enough for a good ride yet.

It is a pretty long ride from Ancaster for me though, especially if I were to do it on a mountain bike.

Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    I don't think you'll have any problem getting through university. All your hard work and dedication will pay off in the end!
    It's a grind, that is for sure. I don't think I will have much hair left by the time i graduate

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    I went for a road ride Sunday morning, but it was the most unpleasant 2 hours I experienced in a long time. The wind was just crazy (gusting 30-40 km/hr) and the cold was brutal. I basically went from Richmond Hill to Bolton and back (about 52 km). It is a great ride with lots of hills (taking King street)), but the wind made it cold and frustrating. That trainer in my basement looked awfully good when I could no longer feel my toes.

But the weather forecast is looking mighty great going into that first O-Cup.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    But the weather forecast is looking mighty great going into that first O-Cup.
    I wonder if the trails will be dry. Over the last two years, I have never seen anything but bone dry trails there, but we got a little extra snow this year.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    If there is little or no rain in the next 2 weeks, I think Mansfield will be dry.

I wonder if anything will be open this coming weekend.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by serious
    If there is little or no rain in the next 2 weeks, I think Mansfield will be dry.

I wonder if anything will be open this coming weekend.
    You could do the Paris to Ancaster.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The nose of your saddle is a little high. Old Italian steel in pink is awesome, great bike.