Do it all or nothing

Is there any competive downhill racing in northern ontario

I cant find any. Sudburry, Sault Ste Marie?

mtbr member
    There used to be an OCup race in North Bay at the ski hill.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    We don't have any in the Sault. There may be some in Thunder Bay though.

Jason

Do it all or nothing
    Do live in the soo????? I do. For I while I thought I was the only one from this dot on the map.

Are you sure. Ive heard of some at Searchmont

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    there are some overgrown dh trails at Searchmont. I was one of a few who built them quite a few years ago. No races there in at least 10 years. For 2 years their was a dual ontario cup/ michigan cup there. the dual cross course was great. You may be able to contact them this spring but liability seems to be the issue out there in the warmer months. There aren't enough ppl that ride dh here to make it feasible. There are a lot of people that ride but dh is pretty limiting depending on the terrain you have near you. the trails at searchmont aren't for intermediate riders either, someone could get hurt very easily out there. Do you only ride dh? There are a lot of other options for riding here and we are adding more singletrack all the time.

Jason

Do it all or nothing

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

I not a DHer but i'm looking to try it. Even try competive if its available. I've heard of the single track over at hiawatha but have no idea were they are in the park. I run Xcountry there and not once have I seen single track trails? Uneless its all around the big sand hill. Do you have a map to show were.

Calm Like a Bomb
    o-cup series...last years races were held at:

kelso x2
    blue mountain
    horseshoe
    camp fortune x2

searchmont may be open for riding this summer..a smaller hill called buttermilk may also have some riding in the soo this summer

no more races in north bay

http://www.ontariocycling.org/index.php
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

Do it all or nothing
    I''m now moving to sudburry and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about their XC of DH biking clubs or stuff. The only i can find is the damn road biking info.

mtbr member
    Not much for dh riding, but the xc is fantastic and very aggressive, think buckwallow on steroids. There is not much info on the net but try and conect with some locals, no we don't have a club, but there is a group ride from the outside store (522-1755) on wednesday night. Also drop me a pm and I am more than willing to show you some trails.

Do it all or nothing
    Thanks, rock'rfriends! I'll keep you in mind for august when i'll hopefully be in Sudburry!