mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Thats it, I have had it. Time to pedal through the snow

Had a bit if a snap last night watching videos of our team trip to North Carolina the trip isnt untill march. We have got so much snow up here here that Inhavent bithered with my bike. Its still all muddy from the last ride ,over 3 weeks ago.

Told my wife last night not to make any plans for me as im going for a ride. Awoke to +2 temps today, the snow was heavy, I was worried that it was going to be a waste of a day.

Sure enough the trails have seen a lot of use from snow shoe/hikers and it was well packed down. It was soft enough that one misjudged turn of tue bars and you were hub deep in the soft stuff. Managed about 15k but had tondrive to a few different places that normally can be strung together in normal weather.

First order of business is to start a savings account for a fat bike. My 2.25 ralphs aired down to about 15psi did fairly well but that whole time i was thinking "I wish I had a fatbike" hopefully I can have enough to get one near the end of the summer as pricing and demand might be in my favor.

I feel much better now that I got out.

mtbr member
    I have only gone long periods of not riding due to injuries, and I have had enough of those. I get real antsy and pretty grumpy. I have only had my fat bike for a couple of weeks and it is a game changer for me. Hope you can get one soon.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I will be next year. Still need to pick up my cross bike for road/rail trail pre season training. I have been dealing with bad lag cramps all race season and need to get more miles in.

From what i have looked at so far, the beargreas is the one to get. What did yours retail for?t