ride or die

thanks mother nature

so i have been stoked to get out on the trail this morning, keeping an eye on the weather (was looking good for today, and did the entire week). had a plan to start early, got sorted and woke up to pouring rain!! ... never have i felt so disappointed.. been looking forward to this for weeks and now we can't go ... it's supposed to rain all effing week!!!! anyway, guess it's back to bed .. nothing else to do

Evil Jr.
    Well, it might not be much consolation but it's supposed to maybe clear up around lunch time.

Since the weather can often be so crappy for long stretches at this time of year, I have a mental library of rainy day rides I can use to keep me motivated. I just throw some fenders on the 'cross bike and poke around all the rural forest roads I avoid in the Summer.

It may not be singletrack but it's better than nothing!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

More than a little slow
    'Joyride' is the answer to your rainy day blues
    Cheers, Dave

ride or die
    hehe, thanks guys .. yeah it sucks, been looking forward to killin it,booked days off, blah blah .. the cycling club doesn't like it when we ride the trails when they are wet, so out of respect, of course .. just sucks, now it's beautiful out .. let's see what tomorrow brings

bi-winning
    I'd say mother nature gave us a pretty awesome summer this year. We'll have to remember that when writing fall / winter weather rants.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

ride or die
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    I'd say mother nature gave us a pretty awesome summer this year. We'll have to remember that when writing fall / winter weather rants.
    please don't get me wrong, we had an awesome summer. one i will remember as being on of the best in years ..

Evil Jr.
    Pfft, that was just payback for a completely gross Spring!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Awesome is all in perspective. July was BRUTAL for an overheating pregnant lady! Don't half mind the weather now.

And yes, Joyride is a darn good answer for icky weather. That and exploring back roads.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    HTFU.. rinse....repeat. With a side of Suck It Up, Buttercup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If it stays nice for a day or so after it rains hard then Puslinch are my trails of choice. The Hydrocut won't be dried out for another couple of days - especially on the Glasgow side.

Evil Jr.
    True to my word, I did go on one of my "I'll do that on a rainy day" rides just now. Using Google Earth, I'd found a road allowance I was always curious about. Sure enough, there it was and other than a *little* mud and a couple fist-fulls of burrs on my socks, I had a great little adventure!

mtbr member
    I would just like to say the weather for me has been mediocre. Blue Mountain was late opening because it was so wet, and many weekends have been rained out. I can't get there thru the week, so its made for a bit of a crap riding season for me. This is the last weekend for Blue and I am praying (it's suppose to be) it's gonna be nice!!!!!! I've already booked my hotel! haha
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Workin for the weekend!
    The weather in ON has been off the charts good lately, can't wait for the weekend!