mtbr member

Sunnyside update

City of Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation are pleased to announce the start of construction of the new Sunnyside Bike Park at Ellis Avenue and Lakeshore in Ward 13.

The park has been designed to offer progressively difficult challenges and opportunities for off-road cycling skill building. The park will include a skills trail, pumptracks, a wide variety of jump lines and a large drop and wall ride. Amenities such as benches, picnic tables, drinking fountains and gathering areas have been planned to make the park an ideal destination for families and people who have yet to try off-road cycling.
    Burnt Norton

humber river advocate
    plus other awesome riding features
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

Evil Jr.
    I'm learning from my experience at trying to get the pump track put in at Christie Lake that these things some times take longer than you anticipate. Glad to see they're making progress!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

humber river advocate
    The parks/forestry manager Scott is a mensch and he genuinely wants to help out the riding community.

here are some plans again of the project

Support TORBA

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I'm learning from my experience at trying to get the pump track put in at Christie Lake that these things some times take longer than you anticipate. Glad to see they're making progress!
    with regards to pump tracks, i'm moving away from these features. the logic I have for this is that a jump line is more popular, serves a greater number of people and stays fresher. I would also rather build a flow trail section on a descending grade with the same characteristics as a pump track. I find people truly love sections of trails like this and want to session it. build it fresh
    Support TORBA

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    with regards to pump tracks, i'm moving away from these features. the logic I have for this is that a jump line is more popular, serves a greater number of people and stays fresher. I would also rather build a flow trail section on a descending grade with the same characteristics as a pump track. I find people truly love sections of trails like this and want to session it. build it fresh
    Did you give up on the one you were putting in your back yard?

I still think a pump track is a great idea for Christie. It will be right near the parking lot, beside the lake, set near a lovely picnic area. All the trails are on the other side of the lake so it'll be a great place to have a quick warm-up.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I was recently in Park City Utah and got to ride at the Trail side bike park. Too bad we don't have this kind of elevation in S. Ontario, but it was awesome.

Trailside Bike Park Opens In Park City, Utah | Mountain Bike Review

In addition to the above, it now has a technical MTB decent trail as well, with rock drops, skinnies etc.

humber river advocate
    yup, had it going for about 2 months then got bored of it. i know a few people who had the same experience with their tracks, though it was a valuable learning experience. now i'm modifying it to get more air under the tires (something elevated and made out of wood ) as well as working on a trail plan for a ravine nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Did you give up on the one you were putting in your back yard?

I still think a pump track is a great idea for Christie. It will be right near the parking lot, beside the lake, set near a lovely picnic area. All the trails are on the other side of the lake so it'll be a great place to have a quick warm-up.
    Support TORBA