mtbr member

Good job! Sunday Sept 30, Woodstock 13th Annual 6-Hour Dairy Capital Stampede

Update: the course is fully marked & taped and lots of people have been out to pre-ride or register. Weather Network is calling for rain over night and 15º tomorrow, should be perfect! Watch for sandy corners later in the day from all the riders.

Everyone OK with directions to get there? Arrive early for best parking/pit set-up spots!

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 9AM -- ALL RIDERS MUST BE REGISTERED BY 9AM

------------------------------

Don't think anyone else from the Woodstock Cycling Club is on MTBR, so I'll pass on the info for this years race!

This is a FUN-ORIENTED 6-hour relay style race with categories for everyone, draw prizes, on-site food, kick-ass toilets, and if the snow flies* then our fire pit will be back in action! Woodstock had lots of local and chain restaurants and stores including Pedal Power bike shop on Dundas St downtown.

* we moved this years race up a week in hopes of getting some warmer weather... everyone, do your Sun Dance! Keep that cold October weather away!

If you have any questions after reading the info below, please email Mark (Club prez) or Ryan (race co-coordinator): mdunseith (AT) live.com or rludington1128 (AT) rogers.com

Official Race Flyer and Info:
    Dairy Capital Stampede Flyer 2012 PDF file

Shorthills Cycling Club came out recently to see what this was all about Woodstock Ride "The Pines" | SHORTHILLS CYCLING CLUB

Hey! Round up your biking buddies and join us for the 13th Annual Dairy Capital Stampede Mountain Bike Relay Race. The annual race date is set, so mark your calendars and reserve this date for some big time fun and competition!

This is open to all levels of riders, all you need is a proper fitting helmet and a bike... preferably a well maintained mountain bike.

You’ll have the opportunity to race on some of South Western Ontario’s best x-country trails, and the widely acclaimed “354” section ( now expanded )

Ample parking is available. So come on out and take a shot at beating some of the “locals”!... This year we will have race categories for male and female solo, two person male & female, two person mixed and the ever popular team relay ( 3-4 person )… Plus a fun race for the kids!

Be as serious or as non-serious as you want. The only rule... is you have to have fun! The most completed laps in 6 hours wins – “ Nuf said.”

Food, snacks and drinks on site

Saturday registration available between 10am and Noon. Race day sign in starts at 7:30 am and ends at 9:00 am (get there early!). All riders must be signed in on race day.

Race starts at Sunday September 30th, 10:00 am SHARP!

Why not come a day early! Woodstock offers a wide variety of activities for adults and families… Camp out at Pittock provincial park, only 4km away from the race or stay at one of the many local hotels.. Course pre ride will be available Saturday from noon to dark.
    Last edited by VR6ix; 09-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    also known as Plaid Shirt Guy...

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Looking forward to this race!

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

All my faucets is Moen.
    I'm in for a 6 hour solo.
    Should be a fun one.

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    6 hours riding solo! Should be a blast!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Always a great day on some great trails.Expect a few teams from your friends down wheatley will be making the trip this year.See u in a couple weeks.PS we are requesting some warm sunny weather.Can u deliver like we did?

mtbr member
    Rocket MTB folks did a great job keeping the sun shinning and the clouds pushed out over Lake Erie that weekend... many thanks! haha

Last Sunday was perfect weather in the Woodsticks... low 20ºs, no clouds, breezy... this week has been mid-teens, rain, and, well, our trails are great in the wet because the sand base drains very well and the rain helps pack-down the sandy corners... watch the forecast and be ready with your fall riding gear in case it's a bit chilly on race day!

Course pre-ride available on Saturday Sept. 29 from 12pm Noon and on... if you want to pre-ride before then, please email Mark or Ryan (above) and they'll hook you up with a ride or at least directions if they can't get out to ride when you're in town to check it out before the race weekend.

Much like Wheatley, the course is FAST if you know the lines, and even faster if you can handle the occasional berm...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I am in for the solo race! It will be nice to get out and support you guys, as well as sleep in my own bed the night before

How long is the course loop?

mtbr member
    Last I heard the race lap was coming in at at 10.95km long, around 36 minutes. Starting lap is a bit longer: sprint down the driveway and up the grass hill - the rest of the laps use a single-track climb instead of the grassy hill.

We're taping the course on Saturday morning, so come on out Saturday afternoon for a pre-ride! It's in really good shape, a couple more sections to sweep the pine needles off and it's good to go!

Last year was T-shirts... this year it's socks - 120 pairs and once they're gone, they're gone!
    Get there early for parking spots!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sounds good! I will try to get out there Saturday for a spin and maybe pick your brains about the fast lines

All my faucets is Moen.
    Is there a singlespeed category for the solos?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion View Post
    Is there a singlespeed category for the solos?
    good question, I will ask the-powers-that-be and get back to you!

everyone, please ignore the weather forecast saying "rain showers" on Sunday, and focus on the fact that the temps should be in the mid-teens -- last two years it was rain & sleet and #&$%ing freezing cold!

mtbr member
    Categories are: solo, 2-person tag team, and 3-4 person relay - no age limits. No special accommodations for single-speed racers unless there are enough entries in any one category to warrant a separate division.

Also: no word on a unicycle class, either... just come on out and race mountain bikes!

All my faucets is Moen.
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
    No special accommodations for single-speed racers unless there are enough entries in any one category to warrant a separate division.
    Alright cool.
    To let you know i'll be a day of entry but I'll get there early.
    I totally practiced riding in the rain for 6hrs on day 1 for CTS.

mtbr member
    No problem for people showing-up in the morning to register, just please please please get there early! Cut-off time is 9am.

If you want to race but don't have a team, come on out anyway, there are always a few people looking for a team or partner for the race. Again, get there early so we can get things sorted out without scrambling right before the race start at 10.

mtbr member
    Registration closes at 9am! Don't forget...

Weather Network forecast for Woodstock (click)

radar

Satellite
    Last edited by VR6ix; 09-30-2012 at 07:49 PM.

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    What a great race and what a great day weather-wise! Huge thank you to everyone involved with organizing and putting on this race - super fun time!!

mtbr member
    Hope everyone had a great time! Despite the timing/results fiasco... hey at least the weather was great compared to the last 2 years

There were 133 registered riders which is an event record! The first few laps sure were crowded until people got spread out but great to see people out trying the Woodstock trails... how 'bout them berms on the section we call 354, eh?

If you want to come back and ride The Pines again, please do! The whole deal is we have to lease the land and pay insurance just to keep the trails open, so if you're going to ride regularly thru the season please buy a membership to help support the expenses. We're half-way between Waterloo Hydrocut and Fanshawe in London on the 401

Huge thanks to everyone that came out for the race

Woodstock Cycling Club - Home
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=301728763256

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
    Hope everyone had a great time! Despite the timing/results fiasco... hey at least the weather was great compared to the last 2 years

There were 133 registered riders which is an event record! The first few laps sure were crowded until people got spread out but great to see people out trying the Woodstock trails... how 'bout them berms on the section we call 354, eh?

If you want to come back and ride The Pines again, please do! The whole deal is we have to lease the land and pay insurance just to keep the trails open, so if you're going to ride regularly thru the season please buy a membership to help support the expenses. We're half-way between Waterloo Hydrocut and Fanshawe in London on the 401

Huge thanks to everyone that came out for the race

Woodstock Cycling Club - Home
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=301728763256

Great day of racing!
    Perfect weather, great course and excellent hosts.
    Thanks WCC's for a job well done.

Too bad about the timing/results glitch that was the only issue in an otherwise awesome event. That portable washroom thingy was THE BOMB!

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

All my faucets is Moen.
    Fun day in Woodstock!

The course was amazing, no climbs but a lot of gradual up hills. And the berms, my god the berms! Soooo much fun. I don’t even think you needed brakes for the first 3k.
    It’s a good singlespeed course, a few grindy sections but a lot of recovery as well.

Looking forward to next time. I hear there are some fun, rocky technical sections. I wanna try those.